PDA

View Full Version : Bad accident

lynnt@direcway.
07-27-2005, 12:12 PM
Hi ya my son had a bad atv accident wich left him with a broken neck and the voice from a doctor that he may not be able to race motorcross agein he is dreading these words but i was woundering if u could help us out with some sugestions to what we need for flat track i would apriciate it vary much and im sure he would to so pleas can u give us some sugestions to a felow atv rider thanks:)

MR.BIG
07-27-2005, 01:12 PM
Your going to need a couple of things.
American racer or hoosier flattrack tires
Sway bar
Lowering kit for the front and rear
That is what you need plus you will have to change your gearing but flattrack and TT is awesome. It's expensive until you get the tires and swaybar but then again whats cheap anymore. Good luck and I hope your son has a good recovery.

lynnt@direcway.
07-28-2005, 10:58 AM
anybody pleas u can cige your two sense its fin id rather have a few people then just one

hardkoratvmxr
07-28-2005, 11:07 AM
that raelly sucks i hope he gets better soon

Moto92
07-28-2005, 11:10 AM
flat track is still pretty dangerous with the speeds
if I couldnt be an mx racer my second choice would be to run XC

duke416ex
07-28-2005, 12:06 PM
Most people are going to give you the same responses, american racers or hoosiers, I think the itre size is kinda personnal preference.
Sway bars
lowering kit, if this is all you are going to run get shocks set up just for flattrack.
Regearing, and whatever motor work you want done, I've been running some on a 1/4 mile track which is a little big, but you can use all the power you have if you can hold a corner.
Take the extras off the bike, things that add weight, get some wider a arms and axle, like I said earlier if this is all you are doing, get flattrack stuff, like a hollow axle to save weight.

Good luck!