PDA

View Full Version : Body Endurance ?

sprtrx300ex
07-27-2005, 08:52 AM
After my first race I noticed that after about 2-3 laps, my fingers lock up and make it extremely hard to hold the bars and push the throttle. Also, my mouth dries out and almost locks shut. What can I do to prevent this stuff?

THanks

fasterthanyouex
07-27-2005, 09:39 AM
well i m not sure bout others but i know if ur mouth dries out u may want to buy a hydration pack..it holds water and if u want a drink u can drink it ride while you ride...never really used one but i am thinking about getting one myself.. is the feeling u get like you cant do it anymore like sore and tired...if so maybe try workouts...im not sure if it should be and reping or explosive mannor....i hope this helps

kvh
07-27-2005, 06:38 PM
get a 12" piece of 1.5" or so round tubing. get a 10lb weight and about 4 feet of rope or so. connect the tube to one end of the rope and the weight to the other. then you hold it out with your arms level and start twisting it up and then slowly twist it back down. do this with your palms up and down and its a great workout for your forearms.

250xridamatt
07-27-2005, 08:26 PM
Yea, wrist rolls do help a lot with strength, but I dont think thats the whole problem. I know when I get nervous or excited when riding I have a deathgrip on the bars without realizing it. I then have to think about how hard I grip the bars the rest of the time on the track or else I will be too fatigued to finish. So staying calm and relaxing your grip would probably be the correct fix for you.

Do you drink much water during the day, or while you are at the track? Drink a ton of water, and dont consume much sugar. For soccer we do this thing called the pee test. When I go to the bathroom the day of the game I check to see how clear my pee is. Clear is what you want, yellow comes from sugar and drinking pop etc. I know its weird, but its a good way to make sure you are getting enough water and cutting down on the bad stuff.

For the wrist rolls, I wouldnt suggest starting out with a 10 lb weight. You should probably start with a 5 unless you think you are really strong.

fasterthanyouex
07-27-2005, 08:41 PM
yea i would start out with five and do it as much as u can....u want endurance....more then just havign big forearms...it harder then it seems

Jake250ex
07-29-2005, 11:49 AM
schwack it :blah:

atva_63
07-30-2005, 08:00 PM
Find places on the track were you can relax while you are in the air release your death grip and try to wiggle your fingers. You can also do this on the smooth parts of the track. Beleive me it works

aman
07-30-2005, 08:01 PM
doin all that will undoubtedly help, but i find that the best thing to do is just ride as much as you can so you can build up your endurance so you dont scrub all that time off by having to fight off these things so often while you're out there. Like stated above, being hydrated is a very important key to being able to last the whole race also. Stay relaxed, and you should be just fine ;)

trx400exxracer
08-01-2005, 11:46 AM
Doin the thing with the weight really pays
do it up and down slowly as many times as you can once or twice a day dont do it the day before the race also do some pushups

redrider9045
08-03-2005, 03:26 PM
The best thing is just to keep riding i had problems like that but now i can run like 5 laps on a big track without any problems with my hands or anything

duke416ex
08-04-2005, 07:36 AM
Get a camel pack or equal, I started running one, now I don't want to ride without it. Just keep riding to get your hands strengthened for holding on so much.

markk
08-09-2005, 04:05 PM
I can go for a few hours!!!!

450RGNCC
08-09-2005, 04:18 PM
I used to have the exact same thing happen to my hand and my fingers would lock up. The more that I rode, the better it got and I have also learned to loosten my grip on the bars, so now it is not a problem for me anymore.

dirtriderex
08-09-2005, 08:18 PM
My fingers experienced the "Lock Up" too. After one full year of hard riding it went away. I finished the 6 hours of missouri running Ironman, and beat some of the 3 man teams.:devil: I ran the full 6 hours hard and was still hitting the MX track pretty hard:muscle:

sprtrx300ex
08-09-2005, 10:15 PM
thanks for all the help guys.

I came from getting 12th out of 14 in my first race, and after talkin to you guys and doing the stuff above I've done alot better.

My last race I got 8th out of 19. Not bad in my book.....

WORCSYFZ199
08-10-2005, 02:01 AM
that's good, keep it up and ride a lot and yo'll do nothing but improve

trx400exxracer
09-05-2005, 02:43 PM
before the race take 2 asprin to help armpump it thins your blood and makes it easier to flow

XCRACER26
09-05-2005, 07:54 PM
I race Xc in the Oma series and I find that joging helped me. About 4 miles a night. Also try finding one of those spring gripper thing that you squeeze, that will help your arm pump alot, just ride every day for an hour to about 2 hours.

trx400exxracer
09-05-2005, 07:57 PM
jogging is kind of hard on the joints but is great to do for cardio I moutain bike which is great or you could road bike

XCRACER26
09-05-2005, 08:07 PM
Yeah if your over thirty or something. But with xc you need to be hard on your self to be fast. got to get your self ready. not callin anybody over thirty slow because there are many that are faster than me.

popo
09-06-2005, 05:36 AM
Originally posted by sprtrx300ex
After my first race I noticed that after about 2-3 laps, my fingers lock up and make it extremely hard to hold the bars and push the throttle. Also, my mouth dries out and almost locks shut. What can I do to prevent this stuff?

THanks

Breath!!!!