PDA

View Full Version : 6- hour XC in the Great NW

QuadJunkies
07-27-2005, 08:50 AM
Without going into great detail just yet, there is a major promoter in the Texas area willing to put on the 1st 6- hour XC race in the Great Northwest :D . If you all are interested, or know of others who would be interested in bringing XC racing to the Northwest. .Let me know your thoughts .....

I personally think this would make a GREAT addition to the N.W my main concern would be how well the attendance will be... I think he will be chiming in on this topic shortly....

~~Tina

papatay
07-27-2005, 07:13 PM
Hi all!
My Name is Taylor Mink and I'm the one thinking about putting this race on. Thanks Tina about the "Major promoter" thing but all I can say is I've helped one of the best in Texas David Culpepper set up a few tracks for his series that we run in Texas.(ATVCCS.com) So that means that I know how to put the arrows on trees.
I'm going to try to answer some questions that I've been getting.

When? Not sure, looking at when ever it doesn't interfere with local races (in Texas also). We had the Maxxis Six Hour the day after the GNCC opener so we were able to get a big turn out from some pros's and other riders that came to GNCC race. So what dose that mean.....Cambridge is only 45 miles from Payette.... Seems to me they run a race in Payette... so that's something to think about.

Where? Cambridge Idaho, 83610. I grew up on a cattle ranch there and thanks to my grandpa's hard work we have plenty of land that I can use. Plus it doesn't hurt that my dad has turned in his horse for a four wheeler and enjoys the sport.

What is a six hour race? See this link (this web site kicks arrs)
http://********.com/race-reports/other/6hoursatcaddopoint-05.htm
Who? Just depends on what you all want to do. Teams of 3-4. Age groups? Skill level? Even how many bikes you want to use.
If you still have more questions just let me know.

Payout? Yeah a sack of taters
Taylor:huh

dirtriderex
07-29-2005, 11:16 PM
Tatters! Thats flippin awsome:blah:

QuadJunkies
08-02-2005, 09:32 AM
Now I was expecting to hear more enthusiasm from some of you NW riders??!:huh :(

Maybe XC racing ISNT ready to bloom out West afterall :ermm:

dirtmomma
08-08-2005, 10:26 AM
I dont' know if any of them NWsterners have seen it :D:D I will post a link on a cuople other sites :D:D HEck I think it sounds COOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tractorpacker
08-08-2005, 06:56 PM
How far is Cambridge from Spokane? I am 6 hours from Spokane so it would be a drive. I am interested in racing every day, but I miss most of them. I will keep an eye on this, though.

hondablue
08-08-2005, 10:34 PM
lets do it:)

ThumPIN_450R
08-08-2005, 11:12 PM
I'm in

QuadJunkies
08-08-2005, 11:48 PM
Now THATS what I like to here! :macho

Cambridge is prol. another 5-6 hours from Spokane Im guessing?? :eek2:

ThumPIN_450R
08-09-2005, 09:20 PM
dang that's about 8 hours if it happens I will try my best to get there for shure is there any big Idaho mx races coming up a little closer to me I'd love to see what the idaho boys got we never see much of you over here

QuadJunkies
08-10-2005, 12:41 AM
Originally posted by ThumPIN_450R
dang that's about 8 hours if it happens I will try my best to get there for shure is there any big Idaho mx races coming up a little closer to me I'd love to see what the idaho boys got we never see much of you over here weve got TONS of racing going on down here! Not any Nationals, but a few MX series.
Ill PM you place to check out the events... ;)

ThumPIN_450R
08-10-2005, 01:29 PM
I'll check it out and see if I can make some thanks for the info

papatay
09-29-2005, 08:25 PM
Well I thought that I would give this tread some new life and give an Update.

I have some of my brothers comming down to Texas for a ATVCCS race in two weeks and they are going to get an Idea on how to set the track up. Once they get the track set I'll be asking some of you to go up and burn in the track and give us your input. For those that have never ran XC it might be a little bit of a shock for you put I think once you see what I have laid out you will love it! If you are a promoter or have any questions please email me at papatay@yahoo.com
Taylor

QuadJunkies
09-29-2005, 11:58 PM
Originally posted by papatay
Well I thought that I would give this tread some new life and give an Update.

I have some of my brothers comming down to Texas for a ATVCCS race in two weeks and they are going to get an Idea on how to set the track up. Once they get the track set I'll be asking some of you to go up and burn in the track and give us your input. For those that have never ran XC it might be a little bit of a shock for you put I think once you see what I have laid out you will love it! If you are a promoter or have any questions please email me at papatay@yahoo.com
Taylor

I would love to test it out:D

Will the minis be able to participate in this event as well???

You know you have my support and Ill try to help out any way I can to get the riders out ... ;)