PDA

View Full Version : red lid users...better read this!

EXtreme-
07-27-2005, 07:43 AM
Just got off the phone with a Mobil tech about the issue of running the new gold lid oil since the red lid stuff is no longer. He told me NOT to use the gold EP oil due to several things including too high of detergents, molly content, etc. He stated that not only is it poor for the clutch, but the motor as well. Very shocking.

Rico...hope you read this ole buddy.

He was well versed on all of "us" using the red lid and HIGHLY RECCOMMENDED the new V-Twin oil in its place. That info came directly from Mobil.

EXtreme-
07-27-2005, 08:06 AM
another note.....the MX4T is the same exact oil with a lighter weight of 10w40. sounds much better for winter.

you choose.

Flynbryan19
07-27-2005, 08:11 AM
The biggest benefit of the "red cap" though was the cost, and that is no longer a benefit with the mxt4. I don't know about the V-twin oil, but the mxt4 is just as much if not more than the motorcycle/atv oils I can buy at the bike shop.

plkmonster2
08-08-2005, 12:32 AM
I'm still buying my red cap from target, haha. They still have 15 red caps left from the last time I was there (2 months ago). I hope it stays on the shelf. Once it's gone, I'm going to rotella.