PDA

View Full Version : Georgia--Broad River ATV

kreed5821
07-27-2005, 04:27 AM
Unlike some other private trails in GA, this one actually caters to ATVs. They just opened a couple of months ago and already have over sixty miles of trails. They have many, many mudholes and also have warning signs before them with bypass trails for those of us on sport quads. I've been several times and it gets better every time. They have porta potties on the trails in several spots and offer a great lunch for $5. I can't say enough about the staff. They will treat you like family and by the time you leave, you will probably feel like you've made some great friends. The owner, or one of them, will make sure to ask what you think of them and what suggestions you have to make it better. AND HE WILL LISTEN TO WHAT YOU SAY! They have new cabins that sleep six with screened in porches.
Broad River ATV is located about fourteen miles or so from Elberton, GA. If anyone is interested I'll post the directions. I would definitely recommend them to everyone that doesn't mind wearing a helmet and not drinking alcohol while riding (common sense).

Scro
07-27-2005, 01:26 PM
where is it located in Georgia

kreed5821
07-27-2005, 02:24 PM
Originally posted by bama450r
where is it located in Georgia

It is about 30 miles or so from durhamtown plantation.

From Athens, GA go east on hwy. 78 to Lexington, GA (approximately 16 miles), go past court house and turn left (north) on hwy. 77 toward Elberton, GA. Go 15 miles and turn right on Saxon-Mattox Rd. Follow signs 2 miles to first left and follow signs to Broad River ATV.

From Elberton, GA go south on hwy.77 approximately 10 miles (toward Lexington, GA). Cross Broad River and take first left Saxon-Matton Rd. Follow signs to first left and follow signs to Broad River ATV.

ryann mx68
08-05-2005, 02:27 PM
hey kreed, do they have a web site? if so, could you post it, or whats their phone #?

i think i might try in a few weeks.

any tracks? or just trails? any jumps and stuff?

kreed5821
08-05-2005, 03:15 PM
They don't have mx tracks yet , but are planning on building them. There are jumps in the trails. Most jumps have signs before them for those who don't like to be airborn and they're not big jumps for the most part. Their website is www.broadriveratv.com
They have pics of the cabins and stuff on the site, but it is a new site and not finished yet I think. The little boy on the blue quad is my son. Their phone # is 706-743-0078. I'm planning on going next weekend.