PDA

View Full Version : Titan Fast trekker??

ride red
06-02-2002, 05:57 PM
I was wandering if anyone had the Titan fast trekker's front tires on there 400ex and how they liked them? Thanks

MxStar826
06-02-2002, 06:58 PM
My buddy has them and he said they work great. They look weird but I'm sure with all that tread touching at the same time they would work great.

Juggalo
06-02-2002, 07:06 PM
i'm buying a set of these pretty soon. i've heard both good and bad things about em but the main complaint i hear is their easy to puncture. personally i think their the sexiest tire there is.

"BLAHH"300!!
06-02-2002, 07:35 PM
i have those rear's. their rock solid man. i've rode mine for a long time, i took em' off only to put on a larger rear. (hehe) but their still on my extra rim's just in case. and the other tire's i swapped to already have 2 pluggs in them...
i ran them backwards. i don't know why, just seams that when their backwards, the little "U" in the middle kinda acts like a little shuvel.(sp)..they don't wear fast either...the 18's won't give you much top end, but you already know all that....i ran top end with them on and after i got home i had oil all over my leg from blow-by..but they make ur bike look pretty sharp

later..

Guy400
06-02-2002, 08:10 PM
I had them on my old '92 LT. They hooked great and I never had a problem with them puncturing and I rode a lot in a rocky shale pit primarily. My only complaint with them is that they seemed to be a bit on the heavy side (but I was running 22").

06-02-2002, 08:17 PM
the only complaint i have is ive seen 6 or 8 machines have the tires blow off the rims during races ,the beads just come off ,with proper pressure

Juggalo
06-02-2002, 09:12 PM
i'm gonna run mine backwards as well. i'm geetin the closest to stock size i can. thanks for the info every1

"BLAHH"300!!
06-02-2002, 09:54 PM
..mine really didn't have too much air in em' the whole time i had em'....when i put em' up to 7lbs (18" rear) witch is what they had stamped on the side of em'..it rode ruff...so i let the air out untill it felt a little smoother....i'd land a jump and see 2 rim indention's
i know thats not good but you know...never had a problem with em' busting the bead.

jugalo...
.the tread patter's differant with differant size's. 18's look like those up there. i'm not sure if there's another size larger with that pattern...the larger size's look alot like the fast trekker front's
kinda similar but differant...you might already know...pointin it out.

NTPracing22
06-03-2002, 01:23 PM
i have fast trekker rears, i hate them. they don't hook up worth **** on what i ride. Thick, sticky loam. i'm going with ITP holeshot mx's.

Juggalo
06-03-2002, 03:31 PM
the tread pattern is the same on 18in to 20 inch i believe then the 22 and up have the different pattern.

06-03-2002, 03:51 PM
i had them on my 400ex, i didnt like them, mabe because the rims o had them on were offset, i would go with bandits if your looking for that kind of square tire. i would get holeshots or razrs if i were you
:eek:

Juggalo
06-03-2002, 04:28 PM
razrs and holeshots are too expensive for me

lil400exman
06-03-2002, 06:26 PM
i got them t my door to rear 6-ply razrs to my door including shippn for 125 buks i luv em awesome hook up nad slow wear and stilll have speed :devil :devil :devil :devil :devil :devil

06-03-2002, 06:28 PM
I had a set of htem on the front of my Blaster. They are cheap and they are really good tires. i am like Jugg here, holeshots and others are too much money

seven
06-03-2002, 06:35 PM
Since you asked about the fronts, I have a set that i run when the track gets a little muddy. Thay work great but they do tend to follow ruts becouse of the way they sit flat on the ground. To cure this problem we started cutting the nobs on the side wall off and it helped tremendously. The only draw back is that they are a bit soft for any kind of rocky terrain. For general use I would highly recomend them!

4punksdad
06-03-2002, 08:43 PM
I had a couple of sets, both front and rear.

the rears hooked up well in a straight line, but would slide way too easy in my opinion. heck, I could do doughnuts all day long with them on the rear of my kids lt-80 in the grass!

the fronts I ran on the quadracer seemed to track well, but I agree, the square profile isn't desireable for some conditions.

I never had puncture problems with any of them.

2k2-300exnj
06-03-2002, 09:12 PM
here they are on my 300ex i love them and have nothing to complain about them except i did have to plug it once but it was a nail what do you expect

NTPracing22
06-05-2002, 07:38 PM
the arrow on the side of the fast trekkers (read) point to forwards, but wouldn't they hook up better when on backwards? i'm trying to figure this out. thanks

06-06-2002, 10:00 AM
Originally posted by NTPracing22
the arrow on the side of the fast trekkers (read) point to forwards, but wouldn't they hook up better when on backwards? i'm trying to figure this out. thanks

Put them on the way they were designed,,,they track trough mud and much better this way. Your not channeling the loose dirt away correctly if you put them on backwards...your basically causeing drag,,and drag means friction and friction means less power,,etc etc etc...see what I'm saying..If your a hill climber then yes run them backwards,,other than that..run them the correct way.

Honda250XRacer
07-01-2002, 11:12 PM
my 20in titan fast trekker tires on my 250X have that same pattern as well posted on the first page