PDA

View Full Version : Project 416ex. Got a few questions.

Pvt. Maggot
07-26-2005, 05:27 PM
I'll hopefully have my 416 running sometime soon. Need to know a few things.

What jetting should I run? Motor mods are. 416 11:1 piston hotcam stage 1. crf cam chain. ported a little. big gun full system with a shorty muffler. uni air filter. I'm not sure what jetting its at right now. just looking for a ballpark jetting I should go for.

Its getting an entire new top end. cam, rockers, piston rings and bored. is there any certin break in for cams or anything? or should I break it in normally.

Other then that..I think i'm good. I'll get some pics of my progress. this is the latest pic I have.

lilwitting
07-26-2005, 05:50 PM
Originally posted by Pvt. Maggot
I'll hopefully have my 416 running sometime soon. Need to know a few things.

What jetting should I run? Motor mods are. 416 11:1 piston hotcam stage 1. crf cam chain. ported a little. big gun full system with a shorty muffler. uni air filter. I'm not sure what jetting its at right now. just looking for a ballpark jetting I should go for.

Its getting an entire new top end. cam, rockers, piston rings and bored. is there any certin break in for cams or anything? or should I break it in normally.

Other then that..I think i'm good. I'll get some pics of my progress. this is the latest pic I have.

hey i sent u 2 pms how much for the tc shorty slip on since u wont answer me in the other form

F-16Guy
07-26-2005, 06:07 PM
When you start it for the first time, you can't let it idle. You want to keep the RPMs up for at least 20 minutes (unless, ofcourse, there's a problem, then shut it down). Go for a ride and keep the RPMs above a fast idle, and don't put too much of a load on it (no hills, sand, etc.). You do want to vary the engine speed, though, so shift up and down occasionally. After you get the first half hour on it, you can just go for easy rides, letting it cool off between them. After the first tank of fuel and oil change, you can ride it progressively harder, hitting full throttle once in a while. I would put a total of about three tanks through it before you really hammer on it. Make sure you use good quality petroleum-based oil (not synthetic) for break-in. Synthetic is too slick, and doesn't allow the parts to wear in properly. For jetting, I'd probably run a 165-170 for break-in, depending on where you're at. You should also put a 42 pilot jet in it so it doesn't get too hot at an idle.

Pvt. Maggot
07-26-2005, 07:00 PM
Well i'm a follower of the ride it hard break in..so unless I have to take it easy because of the cam. I'm going to break it in like all my other machines. have to ride it hard to seat the rings right. thanks for your help! :)

terko440
07-26-2005, 07:06 PM
Flip them fronts back around boy!