PDA

View Full Version : Baldwin Motorsports MX camshaft?

bbrad mulvey
07-26-2005, 02:35 PM
Any body out there running the Baldwin MX bumpstick? I have the HRC cam right now and I want a little bit more lower and mid but not loose too much high. When I talk to them last theuy said that this will compliment the Baldwin/Wiseco 14:1 piston more than any other shelf cam. I just wanted to make sure they just arent trying to sell me more of their product. Also does any body know where I can find out abou the WEB cams?
thanks a ton
Brad

Hondacrf15
07-26-2005, 02:40 PM
Have one in one of mine. Just cam though. It really wakes it up. A lot of bottom end now.

#78honda450r
07-26-2005, 05:26 PM
We have Mark's cam and piston in both of our quads and they are awesome. Also his FCR and pipe, I have the upmost respect for Mark and his products

Cody_300ex
07-26-2005, 11:41 PM
www.webcamshafts.com is webs site. PM chad502ex he knows all the info on all the cams for the 450r engine....hes pretty sharp!

bbrad mulvey
07-27-2005, 01:35 AM
Yes chad is the man when it come to the motors, even though I do see people dog him, he has my respect. So Is it worth it to ditch my HRC and go with the Baldwin cam? I spoke to mark about Tims motor once and he said they use a WEB cam and that is the ONLY reason I asked about that, just plain curiousity. So #78 you obviously rec. the cam? I just would hate to get it and spend 240.00 and not like it as much. Does it still have top end power?

#78honda450r
07-27-2005, 04:39 PM
We had the HRC cam with the piston, pipe, and carb and it ran very good, but when we put the Mark's cam in it came to life. We haven't tried any other so I cannot comment on any but the HRC and Baldwins. All I can say is we are very pleased. The next step was a port and polish and Ti valves and that made a difference also. These two quads are very quick out of the hole and have power throughout. Yes I would recommend Baldwin's cam and other products also. Just my .02 Good Luck

Dave400ex
07-27-2005, 05:57 PM
I don't think you can go wrong with any Baldwin products...

400ex2072
07-28-2005, 06:16 AM
Im in the process of getting a 450R soon, and it will be Baldwin all the way for sure

TC426EX
07-28-2005, 06:22 AM
Baldwin's the man, and all his products are top notch

OKTRX450R
07-28-2005, 08:18 AM
I agree Baldwin's stuff is top notch...with that being said I had heard his cam was a re-packaged Web Cam...any truth to that? I know of several folks that have the HC cams, HRC, Webb, and Johnson and they still come back to the HRC for the top end...depends on what you are trying to accomplish.

You stated a little more bottom and mid and not lose too much on top...I would say Baldwin or the HC II is the cam for you.

I have heard that VCP is in the process of making their own cams to compliment their other products and it has been stated at least 1 HP over the HRC across the entire powerband...maybe something to look to in the future.

I run the HRC cam but I dune 99% of the time and it works fine for me now...