PDA

View Full Version : How do you guys do it?

400grl
07-26-2005, 11:48 AM
You know....I'm on alot of forums, atv and dirt bike, etc.......and I was just wondering how you GUYS all stay so nice and civil, and tolerate it so well when so many girls have the "anything guys can do we can do better" mentality when it comes to riding!?? So many girls always say "I love beating the guys" or "I love seeing guys faces when I roost them" and blah blah blah.......I'm a girl and it bugs the crap out of me......maybe it's because my friends are all guys.....and I don't hear them bragging about beating any girls......or even giving a rat's ***** that they share the track with any girls. I just like to ride....no need to point out or constantly mention the fact that I'm a girl......if someone beats me or I beat them, it's simply because one of us is a better rider........you guys are alot more patient than I ever would be........!!! :macho How do you do it? ;)

wilkin250r
07-26-2005, 11:52 AM
Because so very few of them actually CAN beat me on the track. And those that can usually don't brag about it.

Boasting is the sign of an amateur. True talent speaks for itself.

MXRACER86
07-26-2005, 11:58 AM
I never have that problem, but this post is kinda of ironic, I got my *** handed to me by a girl this weekend!:eek2:

rippin2
07-26-2005, 11:58 AM
yeha..it doesnt bother me becuase i can really care less....if they beat me they beat me but next time ill be more aggresive and ride harder....ps: i wouldnt mind a hot girl beating me just gives me a convo to talk to her about:rolleyes:

07-26-2005, 11:59 AM
Becuase we are very well mannard people.

400grl
07-26-2005, 12:01 PM
Must be because you are guys.......and guys just really don't care.....which is why I would rather be around guys anyday than most girls! :) You are all so low maintenance - it's refreshing!

wilkin250r
07-26-2005, 12:04 PM
Besides, if they are hot, I challenge them to race for "favors". That usually shuts them up.

If they're ugly, I'm not talking to them in the first place, so I don't get to hear about them bragging.

400exrules
07-26-2005, 12:10 PM
Originally posted by 400grl
You know....I'm on alot of forums, atv and dirt bike, etc.......and I was just wondering how you GUYS all stay so nice and civil, and tolerate it so well when so many girls have the "anything guys can do we can do better" mentality when it comes to riding!?? So many girls always say "I love beating the guys" or "I love seeing guys faces when I roost them" and blah blah blah.......I'm a girl and it bugs the crap out of me......maybe it's because my friends are all guys.....and I don't hear them bragging about beating any girls......or even giving a rat's ***** that they share the track with any girls. I just like to ride....no need to point out or constantly mention the fact that I'm a girl......if someone beats me or I beat them, it's simply because one of us is a better rider........you guys are alot more patient than I ever would be........!!! :macho How do you do it? ;)

cuz most of them are hot, so its easy:devil:

BLAZE1
07-26-2005, 12:15 PM
None of the girls we ride with are cocky (no pun intended) but then again we are just riding. I don't race MX so maybe it's a diff atmosphere. My gf hates the two girls we ride with but we have been friends a long time and riding buddies are far and few between. I think thats why she goes almost every time now. If I was to get beat by a girl I would prob just laugh and write it off to engine work, which I have none of.:devil:

Flynbryan19
07-26-2005, 12:20 PM
I couldn't care less if it is a girl or a guy that beats me. I admire them for the better talent. Maybe they just have an inferiority complex...... You know, like its always the little animals that make the most noise and the big ones could care less if your there or not? I'm impressed with the caliper of the rider. Not the sex.(doesn't hurt to be attractive though if your a female. ;) )

Quad18star
07-26-2005, 12:24 PM
How do we do it ?? We're just that good !!! :p ;) :D

nosliw
07-26-2005, 12:30 PM
well when i first got my 400ex i thought i was hot ****. i was the kind of guy you just described. first time out on an mx track i got my *** handed to me by female TWINS boths with BLASTERS and they had TASSLES on the handlebars!

that sure as hell whipped me into the mild mannered guy you see today. :rolleyes:

07-26-2005, 12:46 PM

Baby, because were not in competition with you girls.... We just sit back and watch ;)

lgs_25
07-26-2005, 01:07 PM
Well. I guess im guilty of being one of those girls that loves to beat the guys. I've raced guys all my life and now as i begin to race the women's class this year I have decided i enjoy racing guys better than racing other girls. The truth is most of these girls ride nothing like the guys do. From my point of view beating guys in a so-called "man's sport" seems to change things a bit.

muddy400EX
07-26-2005, 01:10 PM
the guys let the girls in front of them on purpose so they have something to look at:blah:

Atkins
07-26-2005, 01:10 PM
Must be because you are guys.......and guys just really don't care.....which is why I would rather be around guys anyday than most girls! :) You are all so low maintenance - it's refreshing! Hahahaha, finally a girl that can TRULY respect a males mentallity. Now THATS refreshing!!!:macho

bansheeguy77
07-26-2005, 01:33 PM
because the girls that are like that are the ones who cant beat us no matter what. i know many who are better than guys at everything and try and succeed in none. oh im better at baseball, soccer, weight lifting bla bla bla.....ive had girls like that....i like to toy with them for a little to make them think they are tough then turn it on and destroy them. its sorta like a 5 year old trying to say they are smarter than an adult.....they love believing its true just doesnt happen. only one girl gave me a challenge on the track...natalies gf 3 years ago....dunno name or anything only that she was hot and had a very hooked up bike....

07-26-2005, 01:34 PM
Where I race there aren't any girls on quads, but there are a few on dirtbikes (and one of them is suuuuppppeer HOTT!!) They do the same thing brag, brag ,brag but It doesn't really bother anyone. They are proud of what they do, and they know guys hate to get beat by a girl.

lgs_25
07-26-2005, 01:37 PM
Originally posted by bansheeguy77
because the girls that are like that are the ones who cant beat us no matter what. i know many who are better than guys at everything and try and succeed in none. oh im better at baseball, soccer, weight lifting bla bla bla.....ive had girls like that....i like to toy with them for a little to make them think they are tough then turn it on and destroy them. its sorta like a 5 year old trying to say they are smarter than an adult.....they love believing its true just doesnt happen. only one girl gave me a challenge on the track...natalies gf 3 years ago....dunno name or anything only that she was hot and had a very hooked up bike....

Okay well maybe some girls are like this and just talk smack to be talkin smack but honestly i dont think that is true with everyone. But you think what you want.

07-26-2005, 01:41 PM
We love girls that know how to "RIDE" properly ;)

400grl
07-26-2005, 01:42 PM
I've always liked the riders who let their riding talk for them......good or bad....... ;)

bansheeguy77
07-26-2005, 01:42 PM
Originally posted by lgs_25
Okay well maybe some girls are like this and just talk smack to be talkin smack but honestly i dont think that is true with everyone. But you think what you want.

didnt say all. i said the ones who are diehard competition against the guys dont win. not all girls do and the ones who dont talk smack are great....

lgs_25
07-26-2005, 01:44 PM
Oh well. I guess maybe its just me. I never said i go out and win every race but my guy friends rub it in my face when they beat me so i think its fair for me to rub it in that i beat them. But thats just my opinion.

Flynbryan19
07-26-2005, 01:47 PM
I've always liked the riders who let their riding talk for them......good or bad....... ;)

Couldn't have said it better myself.

bulkdriverlp
07-26-2005, 04:33 PM
girls are great:D especially when their wearing tight pants and standing up for woops, and your right behind them drueling

fastbikes
07-26-2005, 05:02 PM
I like the group of guys that I ride with. I don't think that any of us girls that race would every say anything that we are better than any guys unless we are joking with each other.

We don't race with the guys either here, we have a seperate class for each of us, which is nice we are like one big family, guys race first and all of us girl watch and then us girls and the guys watch us and let us know if we are doing anything wrong...

KH426
07-26-2005, 05:11 PM
I have no problem with someone bragging guy or girl if they know the limit, and if they can back it up. I ride with alot of girls on quads and bikes and some of them can hand me my ***. But never say a word about it unless you ask.

450robot
07-26-2005, 05:15 PM
Originally posted by bulkdriverlp
girls are great:D especially when their wearing tight pants and standing up for woops, and your right behind them drueling

hahaha, you can do that, until you go end over end, because you were to hypnotized by her butt

seriously though, girl or boy it doesnt matter to me, as long as they are nice to me on the track (or anywhere) skill isnt measured by gender...

i do however hate girls who hink they have to compete because they have to show men that they are just as good, it annoys me, i mean, yah go ahead and compete, but just do it, no need to brag or anything, saying "im just as good as the guys, because some of us arent even good to begin with, no need to compare, just have fun

Punk'd
07-26-2005, 05:33 PM
I dont mind seeing girls riding? There shouldnt be a problem with that:)

crday98
07-26-2005, 08:07 PM
i have yet to meet a girl that has the "i am queen of the track or dirt attitude" the ones i know just like to ride and there isn't any mention of competition between the sexes.;)

nebjamin
07-26-2005, 10:10 PM
so..... now that I know more about you..... What are you doing tomorrow night??

lol:D

lgs_25
07-26-2005, 10:10 PM
I'm not saying that we, the girls who like to beat the guys, do it to make people mad. I do it jokingly with my friends. I dont just say it to any random person... its like an on-going thing between us. I dont know. Maybe i'm wrong for messing around with friends but everyone knows its a joke and everyone takes it as a joke. Not by getting affended.

Mxjunkie
07-26-2005, 10:29 PM
I laugh and just agree, It tends to become annoying specially when its your sisters lol, I get the if your little boney *** can do it so can I. Though I let them drive the quad with me on the back and end up having to hank the teather cord before they kill us both. :o

tater_kamik
07-26-2005, 11:34 PM
i talk a lot of crap to my buddies, but all i want is someone new to ride with. usually i like it when someone talks crap as long as its funny!

plkmonster2
07-26-2005, 11:51 PM
It all because everyone has been beat once... You are the one that is bragging, or being bragged upon. I've been on both sides, and know how it feels, so I feel better when well enough is left alone. It's that, and what Wilkin said. Very good point on the hot/ugly thing! hahaha

Nausty
07-27-2005, 12:52 AM
deep down it annoys me but I think its cool that a girls givin it a try so I don't say nothing.

I bet a lot of guys don't say nothin cuz they think its hot and want some *** tho:eek: So in the end they are like "Eh Ow u doin...":ermm:

eh who am I kiddin... I do the same thing!:confused:

86350x
07-27-2005, 10:03 AM
Must be because you are guys.......and guys just really don't care.....which is why I would rather be around guys anyday than most girls! :) You are all so low maintenance - it's refreshing!

:confused:

nebjamin
07-27-2005, 11:34 AM
How do I do it? Well first I get naked and then you...oh wait.....walks out of the topic.

bwamos
07-27-2005, 12:03 PM
I'd only consider myself an average racer. Better than a rec rider by far.. but get SPANKED by the AA guys on their 250r's and 450r's.. lol. Not because of the quad.. were in tight woods.. they are just better.

When I race I compete against myself. Every race I compete to be better than my last race. A little quicker, less winded, more skilled, smarter lines, etc. If I brag.. I'd only be braging about kicking my own ***.. lol.

Besides I'm an amature, I'm 30, and I'll never be a pro class racer. Lifes too short to not have fun. Bragging isn't fun.. it's making yourself something your not.

If you go out and get better everytime you ride.. pretty soon you'll be in the top 10 more often than you'd think.

If your stuck trying to beat that guy in 14th place.. you're never gonna get past 13th. If your stuck on tyring to beat the guy in 1st.. you're never gonna get close enough to learn how to beat him.

Different for everyone of course.. but focusing on MY race.. works for me. ;)

400grl
07-27-2005, 12:13 PM
I agree!!! If anyone were to ask my who my greatest competitor was, I'd have to say myself.......I just want to be faster on the track than I was the time before! ;)

wilkin250r
07-27-2005, 01:02 PM
I think that's one of the fundamental differences between men and women. In competition, men tend to focus on their own performance, improving themselves. Women aren't out to improve themselves, they are out to beat someone else.

This is why golf is so popular among men, but not women. It is a solitary sport, you really aren't in direct competition with anybody but your own score.

Of course, there are always exceptions.

fastbikes
07-27-2005, 01:11 PM
At everyrace I am out to improve myself. To take more jump and just to do better than I did at the last race. Sure it is nice to win or to beat the other girls, but it is about me and myself only.

86350x
07-27-2005, 10:56 PM
I agree!!! If anyone were to ask my who my greatest competitor was, I'd have to say myself.......I just want to be faster on the track than I was the time before! ;)

I take it there is a lass or two getting on your nerves just a wee bit?:confused:

Put her into the hay bails:p

Tommy 17
07-28-2005, 08:59 AM
i lost to a girl last weekend that was on a 4x4 lmfao... only one problem... her lime green thong was hanging out and i wasn't passing her and loosing that view:D :blah: :macho

nebjamin
07-28-2005, 03:16 PM
That was me dude, I wear thongs.

Lol j/p.