PDA

View Full Version : The Rumor Mill .... New Bombardier Racer??

Quad18star
07-26-2005, 09:55 AM
Alright well yesturday I was bored to death of sitting around the house , so I decided to take a drive and go see guys that I know that work at local dealerships ... one of the dealerships is a Bombardier shop . I've been pretty good buddy's with one of the head guys in charge of sales at the shop for a while , so I decided to ask him if he's heard anything about BRP releasing a new sport quad .

He said there are rumors floating around that by 2007 Bombardier will have a new race oriented sport quad , and that it will be a 2-stroke .

Now I know all you guys will be saying " Can't be a 2stroke cuz of emissions regulations .. blah blah blah. " But for those of you that don't know , BRP has a new engine design called the 2-Tec ... which they run in their sleds that meet all emission standards ...and are great on fuel . If you want to get info about the 2-tec engines you can check it out on www.ski-doo.com

So what do you guys think BRP will throw out on the market ?? Maybe we'll get a glimpse of it at the Unadilla ATV Nats , since BRP is the sponsor of this race !?!?!

07-26-2005, 09:59 AM
I heard its gonna be a 440 2-stroke:)

Juggalo
07-26-2005, 02:09 PM
the 2 stroke race quad from bombardier has been a looong time in the making....i still have a feeling itll come one day tho. ive heard possibilities on a bunch of motors from a 380cc twin to a 440 and a couple others too. i think personally a new gen rotax 250 would be awesome!

bradley300
07-27-2005, 09:30 AM
i also have heard it was a 380 powervalve

MXracer16
07-27-2005, 10:48 AM
BRP definetlly has the technology to make a clean burning 2-stroke. One thing more advanced then 2-tec though is E-Tec. They have them in their outboard engines. They burn clearner then any 4-stroke outboard on the market. Im gonna guess that they might put the E-tec technology into the new race quad if it is a 2-stroke. On a side note, my local BRP dealer told me that they are working on a three wheeler with 2 wheels in front and 1 in the back. I thought that was kinda interesting.