PDA

View Full Version : I just rode the Outlaw for 3 days in Nashville!

Big Chuck
07-26-2005, 08:05 AM
I race GNCC on my Predator, so I was stoked when my brother in law (Polaris dealer) had two cancellations and asked my wife and I to go to the dealers meeting in Nashville. I lost count on how many times I rode it on the proving grounds. It handles like a dream, corners better than the Pred, not tippy at all. Soakes up off camber jumps and lands like a pillow. Same motor as my Pred but the wheels are on the ground alot more which equals quicker. More knee room up front. Soakes up the terrain like mad, no transfer to my body. They said that Matt is stoked about it too. They said that they have thousands of miles on it and Matt has spent alot of time on it too. This is a works 3 years in the making. I drilled the engineers and developers all weekend about it and there isn't any part on it that I didn't cover. I am sold and on the list for one when the dealers get them. Ride one for a while, you will sell your Predator!

plkmonster2
07-28-2005, 07:48 PM
Are the airbox and the exhaust pretty corked up from the factory? Also, how where the gears spaced out? Are they close to any other machine besides the pred? is the first gear low, and 5th like overdrive? Thanks!

400exc
07-30-2005, 09:48 AM
great, another beast is unleashed, and i thought a 400ex was fast, now look at aal of the rest

Braff1
07-30-2005, 10:14 AM
It has the same gearing as the 05 TLD but have fixed the prob of 5th gear falling on its face. Teh air box has been redesigned which is another big plus. My only question is have they narrowed it up some? I would like it even more if they narrowed it down by 1-2 inches.

plkmonster2
07-30-2005, 09:40 PM
It's 47.5 inches wide. Is that the same as the pred? Sounds pretty good, except for the weight...:(

calds650
07-31-2005, 08:27 AM
I check with my dealer and they said they should have the Outlaw in about 6 weeks. The Sep ATV Action and did a test report on it and they like it. They called it a major step in the sport quad evoluation. More good news Alba is going to be a Polaris dealer soon more stuff for the Predator and Outlaw