View Full Version : What Aftermarket Swingarm is Everyone Using?

Les Davis
07-25-2005, 08:42 PM
I own a '04 450 and I just broke the second stock swingarm. I was looking for some advice from you guys on what people are using. I'm a weekend warrior and I'll be riding on tracks 90 percent of the time. I was leaning toward a Gibson or Laegers round housing style carrier similiar to the Honda swingarm. Any feedback would greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

WORCSYFZ199
07-28-2005, 12:08 PM
I broke my stock swingarm on my 04 as well and I researched and ended up with a Herrmann racing swingarm, it is a round housing one and comes with the bearing carrier and is a good price, the only thing that I didn't like about it, was that it felt quite a bit heavier than the stocker, but it's not a big deal, I love the easy chain adjustment with it and you can even buy it for the honda rear end (Honda Axle, caliper, disc, etc.) but yeah the website is www.herrmannracing.com

atva_63
07-28-2005, 05:03 PM
I ended up going with the Eyeball eng. swinger with the round housing. Very good price and great customer service. The Leager Lonestar, and walsh are high priced but, You can't beat someone who stands behind their products. Also check into Houser they make a good swinger to. All aftermarket swing-arms are going to be hevier.

EvilJester400EX
07-28-2005, 05:07 PM
Viper.

www.LegacyATV.com

Les Davis
07-28-2005, 08:01 PM
Thanks for the feedback guys. I appreciate all the help!!!!

speednut3
07-29-2005, 06:57 AM
I have have a Houser round housing swinger it works & looks great.

ridinredodb
07-29-2005, 09:50 PM
i think the JD performance swingers are very good. i have a burgard and its probably best for the money.
one of my friends races XC and has broken several swingers. he broke a LSR in 3 months, broke in 5 places and you could about bend it in half over your knee its so bad. the only 2 he hasnt broke yet is the denton and burgard.

SRH
07-31-2005, 07:12 PM
im running a rpm right now its alright but ill probaly be switching to walsh

jlhughes750
08-01-2005, 08:39 AM
My GIBSON YFZ swingarm with round housing is awsome, its been through 2 ........6 hours of america events, 30.....1.5 hour harescrambles about 4 GNCC's and countless hours of riding.............now I can add a shoot in the rocks for the next Huevos video to the list!!!!!!!!!