osu_josh
07-25-2005, 08:03 PM
CANT GET MY SPINDLES OFF MY ARMS. IS THERE A TRICK? THANKS JOSH

theTman
07-25-2005, 08:04 PM
hit the spindle with a rubber mallet or something

osu_josh
07-25-2005, 08:11 PM
yeah that is what i thought but i could not get it to budge and i was taking full swings

KEVIN132
07-25-2005, 08:21 PM
just turn nuts over and beat them!!!my rubbers got beat up but who cares i got housers anyway!!!!!!!

Leschj03
07-25-2005, 08:21 PM
you need a tool that pops ball joints out. i dont know where to get them my ishock kit came with it.

Billyu40
07-25-2005, 08:45 PM
pull up while you are hitting them it will break them loose. Be surte you are hitting it deadcenter.

TRXDresh
07-25-2005, 08:58 PM
go to napa or oreilleys, and get a tie rod removing tool for a car. They end up being a perfect size for the ball joints on the front end of your ATV. By the way, do you live or go to school in Stillwater? If so, we need to get together and go riding.

Sportrax10
07-25-2005, 09:23 PM
Mine came out much easier when I put the quad up on its grab bar... then hammered...

Just a tip...

sampleez
07-25-2005, 09:38 PM
get one of these, what trxdresh said. their around $20. Part # from NAPA is 775-9095

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v727/vorra65/DSC00172.jpg

Smoker
07-25-2005, 09:53 PM
Just go to a hardware store and get some appropriately sized nuts and bolts to make your own ball joint remover tool. I bolt two different length bolts, one that will fit with both balljoints still installed and one long enough to fit in there while one ball joint is already removed. Screw on one of the nuts to short bolt and put it between the nuts holding the balljoint on, it has to be able to fit with one of the balljoint nuts loosened, the you simply unscrew the nut so it pushes the balljoint out. I know this is hard to understand but if you get what I'm saying, it works like a charm, and you don't end up tearing the ball joint boot like any of the fork types. If you don't know what I mean, look on the web for the atv ball joint remover, same concept, a little more difficult to use but it will run you $3. :p

RedRacer44
07-25-2005, 10:44 PM
Originally posted by TRXDresh
go to napa or oreilleys, and get a tie rod removing tool for a car. They end up being a perfect size for the ball joints on the front end of your ATV. By the way, do you live or go to school in Stillwater? If so, we need to get together and go riding.

I am wondering the same thing too? I live in Mannford right now but will be attending OSU and living in Stillwater. Need to meet up and go riding at Cooperland, Red Bank, or the 500 sometime this year or something?

I was able to knock mine loose by using a hammer but I had my buddy using a "wedge" to pry against the spindle and it popped out on the 1st hit. The tools from Napa work good too, we used those on my buddies Z400....

07-25-2005, 11:38 PM
Originally posted by RedRacer44

I was able to knock mine loose by using a hammer but I had my buddy using a "wedge" to pry against the spindle and it popped out on the 1st hit. thats what I do