PDA

View Full Version : Freestyle help, want to start doing some tricks!

Stock 400 rider
07-25-2005, 07:27 PM
Hi, I`m starting to get into freestyle, getting confortable in the air first. Yesterday I pulled some basic tricks like one handed, one footed, looking back and no foot.

Can you give me some tips to start busting out some tricks?

The jump is only 9 feet in the air, do you think it`s ok?
What kind of jump should I try?

Thanks a lot! :devil:

Stock 400 rider
07-26-2005, 08:02 PM
Nobody?:(

blasteracer24
07-26-2005, 08:32 PM
build a nice take off ramp(dirt or metal or wood) make it nice and big and have a nice landing. Get comfortable just jumping off it. Then try like a nac nac or can can or heel clicker. Just try stuff.

Nausty
07-26-2005, 09:17 PM
thats just fine, it would be easier to learn off from bigger jumps but this just makes ur technique better.

I can do can cans, and nothings off from 5 feet jumps

makes u quick in the air.

should be able to get a heel clicker but it will take u quite a while, just stick w/ can cans, nacs, no footres, no handers, nothings **** like that.

Robin Hood
07-26-2005, 09:25 PM
Yeah, make sure you start the tricks asap off the jump though, you can sometimes land in a can can if you cant pull it back so dont worry. Supermans are actually a quick trick, getting the extention takes some time though, no footers are quick and easy, and no hander/ no hander landers arent too hard. Just gotta try em, Good luck and dont kill yourself. :devil:

Stock 400 rider
07-26-2005, 09:35 PM
thanks a lot guys!

hondajoe05
07-31-2005, 12:22 AM
ya i can do no handed lander easy but i think im gonna try a heal clicker before a no footer cuz i gotta keep my feet busy so i don't think how their not on the pegs without nerf bars:eek:

300extreme#8
07-31-2005, 09:53 AM
should be able to get a heel clicker but it will take u quite a while, just stick w/ can cans, nacs, no footres, no handers, nothings **** like that. [/B][/QUOTE]

I got the heel clicker my 6th time tring it off a 5ft jump,it was my first true clicker,and the first i ever tried.if ur used to the no footed and want to try heelclickers,take what u learned from no footers and forget b/c a no footer is totally diff,u don't jump up on a heelclicker likeu normally do in a no footer,,first ur goin to have to be quick and smooth ,if u get sloppy while doin trick ur goin to get caught up somewhere and it wont be pretty,. start whith throw ur feet up to ur shoulders,try to get higher and higher,don't jump up while doin it,u keep ur arms and upper body in the same place the whole time,just move ur legs, just try to make ur feet go out in front of ur head,once u get ur knees past ur arms, try throwin ur feet out more and bring ur feet in as they get to ur arms, them once ur clicking them, now u can jump up and do more to it ,but its better to learn it that way, hope i helped

300extreme#8
07-31-2005, 10:03 AM
if u cant get it first off,dont get frustraded,try something diff and go back to trin the clicker again, now u can also try a 1 footed can can,as i stated early don't jump up off the quad in the air keep ur body in same position,ok on this ur goin to try and get ur foot up and over the seat/gas tank and throw it to that side.i use my right leg. when u jump ,pick ur leg up and watch ur foot,when ur foot seems high enough throw it across the tank and straighten it out,it should be out in front of ur other leg,and then pick it up and bring it back,once master,now ur ready to try the real stuff,no footed can,now its a ok to jump up a lil,so u have more room, when in the air,bring ur right leg up to the point where uthrow it acroos the seat,then bring the other leg up and bend both knees the in one burst throw both feet at the same speed to the left side and as soon as u straighten ur knees out bend them and bring them back,remember to keep the right leg alil higher bringin back to clear the seat,but in some case , u can try the no footed lader or what,where u dont bring the right leg back, and land when both feet to one side, u just have to be careful how u land, this is where nerf bars come in handy,put ur left leg back on the peg and put ur right on top of it or in the nets of the nerf bars.hope i helped again

Stock 400 rider
07-31-2005, 02:43 PM
Thanks a lot man, it sounds really hard lol.
I`m not that fast with my legs even because of the boots, they weight so much!
I`m gonna try that real soon, thanks again!

300extreme#8
08-01-2005, 10:10 AM
the boots actually help. the extra weight puts more force with ur motion ,and gives better extention, and makes easiler to do tricks, even tho they seem heavy while in the air