PDA

View Full Version : some jettin questions

wakerider113
07-25-2005, 02:18 PM
i am about to order my HMF sport series slip on for my 99 400EX. i was hoping that someone might be able to give me some info on how to rejet my carb. i have never done this and i have not the slightest bit of knowledge about it. i was wonding if any one knew how to figure out what size "jets" to use and what the different size jets do?
thanks
Mark

blastereatin250
07-25-2005, 02:20 PM
Start by going up by three or four sizes. Then after riding it for a little bit, check the plug and see if it is the right color. It should be a light brown.

wakerider113
07-25-2005, 02:23 PM
like i said...i have not the slightest bit of knowledge of this. i have no idea what your talking about.
thanks though
Mark

2004exrider
07-25-2005, 03:44 PM
if your asking how to rejet then:
when you put on an exhaust or intake your letting more air in which leans out the fuel, less power and dangerous to your engine. the jet (main jet) controls how much fuel goes thru the carb and into your engine. if you have the correct fuel mixture your spark plug will have a gark grey to light brown color on it. if its lean it will be white, to rich it will be black. to rejet, look on the bottom of your carb. there will be a 17mm cap remove it, inside is a 6mm jet take out with socket. get a few different size jets (or the one hmf sends you) and put in. start your quad and get itwarmed up, once its up to temperature dont be afraid to give it at least 3/4 throttle or more a few times. turn it off and let it cool down, check the color of your plug. if its the right color then good, if its white still keep going up in jet sizes until its the rite color.
sorry for the long post, hope that helps.

Jimmy

bwamos
07-26-2005, 09:50 AM
http://www.atvriders.com/articles/jetting.html

Jetting guide under articles on this site.

Should give you an idea what you're looking at and working with.

ohsobad_chevy
07-26-2005, 12:37 PM
Hey man i have a really good site you can visit to help you understand jetting better. It is off of the HMF site forums. Really helps you understand the concept.

http://67.15.38.161/forums/showthread.php?t=497

hope this helps,

wakerider113
07-26-2005, 01:57 PM
wow...thanks so much guys.. your all a big help. i actually ended up ordering the WB e series s bend so hopefully its the same idea. once again thank you all.
Mark