PDA

View Full Version : locked up wheels race coming Sunday 31'st

trx400exxracer
07-25-2005, 12:34 PM
Here is the problem. I recently bought douglas red label wheels for my 400ex this is the first time i am taking them off. I took the lugnuts off but they won't budge when I try to take them off. are the holes on the wheels to small. please help I got a race Sunday the 31.

redrider311
07-25-2005, 12:45 PM
you may just have the wheel sitting a little crooked... just wiggle it alot and i oughta just come right off.. if worst comes to worst.. get a piece of wood... put it against part of the wheel that is close to the hub... the hit the wood with a hammer.. this way you wont scratch or dent your new wheels.. good luck

Crazy400EX
07-25-2005, 02:10 PM
ya i had to do that with my itps. It sucks i know. I did the think with the wood. Or an air hammer. Then drill the holes out a little. Not too much so you dont weaken the rims.

trx400exxracer
07-25-2005, 07:25 PM
I have drilled the holes out last time but I just got through drilling some bigger holes in them after I got them suckers off I'll see what happens thanks guys

prepracing
07-25-2005, 08:40 PM
better be careful drilling out the lug holes if its on your rear rims, if u get them to big the holes will start to waller (wear) out. No matter how tight you torque your lug nuts back down they can still wear and your lug nuts will start coming loose all the time. So keep an eye on those. Just an FYI from a personal experience, although mine were crappy ITP .190's, douglas may not have that problem.