PDA

View Full Version : Teather kill switch install

steveatv3
07-25-2005, 12:31 PM
I bought a prodesign kill switch and i do not know how to install it can someone please help?

SRH13
07-26-2005, 05:54 AM
i have the same one. its not that hard. to install it.

Pro Design-hope this helps

It is not necessary to remove any plastic or do any major wire moving. Squatting on the right side of the bike (brake pedal side) look just behind the radiator. There you will see the coil. It's a small black cylinder. The coil is connected by 2 (two) wires. One is black and is the "pulse wire" and the other wire is black and white. The black wire connecting to the coil will be the closest to you if you are squatting on the right side of the bike and looking toward the bike. The black wire is connected to the coil with a spade connector which pulls from the coil very easily. Use a needle nose pliers to get to it. You have to unhook it so you can work with it. To get to it you have to push gently away some other wires, etc. in the general vicinity. Now, using a small saddle type wire connector Click here -> http://auffarth.com/connector.jpg you take the long wire from the Pro Design Kill Switch and using the saddle type wire connector or similar connector, connect the Pro Design "long wire" to the black pulse wire. Now, the other wire coming from your Pro Design Kill switch (the short one) goes to any available frame bolt on the bike and is your ground wire. Remember to hook the black wire with the spade connector back up to the coil after you have connected/spliced in the long Pro Design wire. That's it to the install on the KFX400 or Z400. Just for the record you are connecting to a wire going to the coil and not actually connecting to the coil.