PDA

View Full Version : 05 Predator. Troy Lee or Special Edition?

1BadRubicon
07-25-2005, 09:47 AM
Hey Guy's

I am buying a new quad this week, and I'm leaning toward the Predator. Should I buy the Troy Lee or the Special Edition? Why? I spoke to the dealer, and he said the main difference was the trans. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

05predle
07-25-2005, 11:43 AM
The TLD has all the fox race shocks with a close ratio trans- great for slower trail riding.

the LE has fox racing shocks and has standard trans- great for faster trail riding in addition a pure polaris pipe\wb pipe and bumper and grab bar.

The best way I can explain the two after driving them both is that second gear on the standard trans has big drop off when switching from first but i higher top end while in second. When driving fast through the trails i liked the standard better because I can keep it in second for everything and the close ratio I had to shift between second and third more but it worked better in slow technical trails in second.

Your riding style will make the choice for you but you cant loose either way you go. Once i put the k&n filter and added disks I didnt feel the second gear drop off as bad on my le. Also put a rath pipe on there and you will have much better low end power.