PDA

View Full Version : Stupid Exchange Rate !!!!

Quad18star
07-25-2005, 08:41 AM
Well since Unadilla is comming up this weekend , and I'm making the trip down to New York with my GF , I figured I might as well get all my banking done before heading out . So this morning I walked into the bank and told the cashier I wanted to withdraw $500 US currency ..... she said "Sure No problem" ... so she counts it all out , and tells me it's gunna cost me $610 to buy $500 US dollars .... my legs nearly gave out on me at that exact moment and I felt like crying ... there goes 1 month rent payment . Sorry I just had to vent about the stupid exchange rates .

Unadilla better be worth it , or I'll be extremely pissed . I want nothing less than a cloudless sky and 80 degree weather ... so someone please relay my message to the weatherman . ;)

I-7
07-25-2005, 09:11 AM
Can't you later exchange US money back for canadian money so you will get more?? Or is it different? I'll be at dilla this weekend too.

red2004 TRX450R
07-25-2005, 09:21 AM
YA but u can bye $610Cd worth of stuff for $500USD. stuff will be cheaper in the US because the money is worth more!!

like when i went to the DR it was like $800DRP for a pack of smokes witch came out to like $3.95USD!!!!!!

I was like giving $100.00 bills for gifts to my friends!! :D

Quad18star
07-25-2005, 09:22 AM
Originally posted by I-7
Can't you later exchange US money back for canadian money so you will get more?? Or is it different? I'll be at dilla this weekend too.

Ya ... if I don't use up the whole $500 US , I can exchange it back and get back my Canadian $$ ... but I'm almost positive this weekend will cost me over $500 . We booked our rooms in Utica at $96 a night ( 2 nights) .. plus gate fees , gas , food and toll highways .

Speaking of toll highways , does anyone know what the toll price is on I-90 as you leave Buffalo and travel towards Utica ?? Is it all electronic ( send me a bill in the mail ) or is it a toll booth ?? The tolls alone are gunna cost me quite a bit .. especially with one highway from Toronto to Niagara costing me about $20 ( but it'll save me about 2 hours of traffic) .

JDiablo
07-25-2005, 09:23 AM
that sux greg,you might like it idk

Woodsrider
07-25-2005, 10:34 AM
Wow, the Interstates have toll booths in NY? Ive been on state routes and parkways that were toll roads, but always figured the interstates were paid for with tax dollars:ermm:
Maybe you should play the lottery while in NY Greg. You could get lucky and take home a big ol' sack of cash:D

Look at it this way, at least your rent is only $610cdn. Thats cheap rent!

Quad18star
07-25-2005, 10:46 AM
Originally posted by Woodsrider
Wow, the Interstates have toll booths in NY? Ive been on state routes and parkways that were toll roads, but always figured the interstates were paid for with tax dollars:ermm:
Maybe you should play the lottery while in NY Greg. You could get lucky and take home a big ol' sack of cash:D

Look at it this way, at least your rent is only $610cdn. Thats cheap rent!

We installed an AC unit ... i forgot about that ... rent was $668 a month .. it just went up by $25 cuz of the AC . $693 a month now .. plus phone bill and Visa card . I might have to buy a lottery ticket in the USA ... I hear you guys have like 100 million dollar jackpots sometimes .... Oh what I'd give for 100 mil right now !!!!:p

Woodsrider
07-25-2005, 10:56 AM
Yah we get some pretty big jack pots here. Our state has its own lotto, plus we play in the MegaMillions with like 11 other states. The last big jackpot was 170 million or some chit. But the state game is usually around 3 to 5m when someone hits it. We also have a game here called "Lucky for Life" the winner gets $1000 a week for life. But it dont pay out too often. I think its been playing for about seven years and has only got about 8 winners.

07-25-2005, 12:27 PM
Originally posted by Quad18star
Ya ... if I don't use up the whole $500 US , I can exchange it back and get back my Canadian $$ ... but I'm almost positive this weekend will cost me over $500 . We booked our rooms in Utica at $96 a night ( 2 nights) .. plus gate fees , gas , food and toll highways .

Speaking of toll highways , does anyone know what the toll price is on I-90 as you leave Buffalo and travel towards Utica ?? Is it all electronic ( send me a bill in the mail ) or is it a toll booth ?? The tolls alone are gunna cost me quite a bit .. especially with one highway from Toronto to Niagara costing me about $20 ( but it'll save me about 2 hours of traffic) .

your gonna be by buffalo? if i'm not mistaken i think its 15.35 or 5.35 not sure which one.

edit:they are all toll booths. lol man make a couple pit stops over my way.

Quad18star
07-25-2005, 01:46 PM
Originally posted by kickerkfx444
your gonna be by buffalo? if i'm not mistaken i think its 15.35 or 5.35 not sure which one.

edit:they are all toll booths. lol man make a couple pit stops over my way.

Ya I'll be crossing the border in Niagara Falls , then trying to find my way onto I-90 lol . I sure hope it ain't gunna cost me too much in tolls , or else i might have to go up towards Kingston on the way back home .

Wood250RMX
07-25-2005, 03:59 PM
I believe I-90 is the only toll interstate in New York

praetorian
07-25-2005, 04:39 PM
New York is not only one of the most expensive places in the states buts its one the most expensive places in the world too.

SRH
07-25-2005, 04:52 PM
new yawk new yawk

Quad18star
07-25-2005, 06:03 PM
Originally posted by praetorian
New York is not only one of the most expensive places in the states buts its one the most expensive places in the world too.

Oh great ... I guess I'll have to go take out another $500 at the bank . :grr: