PDA

View Full Version : Riding Places??? need a quicker answer!

yellow400ex05
07-24-2005, 06:27 PM
Are there any sand Dune riding areas in NC I want to know because My dad says if I find out some good places to go we can take our quads and dirtbike there. We go on vacation to NC every summer for our Birthday. So if there are any good dunes around there post them. Also if u know some of the basic info of a riding place post it because i would like to know.

07-24-2005, 06:29 PM
North Carolina
Location Name:Brown Mountian OHV area
Type of Riding Place:
Location (closest city): located about 20 miles north of Morganton, NC.
Details: There is about 40 miles worth of trials in the Pisgah National Forest. ATV's, dirtbikes and some trails allow 4x4's. The OHV area is about 5 miles east on the left. Fee is $5 by honor system. Some of the trails are one way because they are too narrow for two-way traffic.
How to get there: Take 181 north from Morganton; turn right on Brown Mountain Beach Road.
For more Information contact: Grandfather Ranger District Phone: (828) 652-2144.
Submitted by:
Date Submitted: 4/6/2000
------------------------------------------

Location Name: Uwharrie Nat'l Forest:
Type of Riding Place: Trail
Location (closest city): N/A
Details: Countless miles of trails (beginner to expert) and firebreaks in a state park in the center of the state. Trails are marked for ATV, Jeep, Horse, Multi-use, etc. Maps available near entrance to park. 2 parking areas available and campsites nearby. Also, lake access for watercraft and fishing. It is advisable to keep the decibal level low. Keep the area clean to promote further use.
How to get there: Location: Hwy 109 South about 8 miles North of Troy, NC.
For more Information contact: N/A- Phone: N/A
Submitted by: MDEJONGE@SunBelt.Net
Date Submitted: 12/21/96

---------------------------------------

Location Name: Spencer Mountain Riding Area:
Type of Riding Place: Trail
Location (closest city): N/A
Details: Countless miles of trails, open areas, mud, hard pack, hills, sand, powerline roads, etc. Beautiful views of Yadkin River. No facilities but near town. It is advisable to keep the decibal level low. Keep the area clean to promote further use.
How to get there: Location: Interstate 85 South about 15 miles South of Charlotte. Take Cox Rd. exit, turn right, go about 2 miles, entrance on Cox Rd. on the right.
For more Information contact: N/A- Phone: N/A
Submitted by: MDEJONGE@SunBelt.Net
Date Submitted: 12/21/96

---------------------------------------