PDA

View Full Version : Carbon Rims chipped!

Evan
06-02-2002, 09:26 AM
Take a look, I have no idea how it happen. I noticed it after my first moto last night. Anyone know if Hiper covers this? If not its time for red rings:D

SUPER_DAVE
06-02-2002, 09:32 AM
Dang man that sucks.
How long have u had them?
If you haven't had them long im sure they would cover it, but u never know.

Evan
06-02-2002, 09:55 AM
Since about sometime in January I belive. I hope they cover it but if not, rings are only 18-20 bucks each I belive.

Foxrage
06-02-2002, 09:57 AM
They have a year so they should cover it if not like you said just go buy some red ones.

Dave400ex
06-02-2002, 09:59 AM
Yours are not that Old so they should Cover it. I think you just have to Pay for Shipping.

Foxrage
06-02-2002, 11:50 AM
You might as well just ride it untill both of them look like that or all of them and tell them to send you all red ones unless its past the 1 year warranty. I have noticed scratches in mine but when they brake im not sure what color to get with my blue plastic.

RoostinOna400ex
06-02-2002, 03:49 PM
Is that normal?? Does anyone else have problems with there carbon fiber rims?? Someone told me that they chip alot but i wasent for sure?? hmmmmmmmmm:confused:

400exRacerX
06-02-2002, 04:53 PM
I'd sell them and buy some champions beadlocks.

Evan
06-02-2002, 05:27 PM
Yeah why dont I:rolleyes: Why dont you sell your Roll design steering stem and get a lonestar?

One ring chips and I am going to sell the whole set? :rolleyes: Here why dont I just give them to you, let you take them off my hands, trade ya for your champion beadlocks that might bend and never be fixed.

kabd69667
06-02-2002, 05:30 PM
But i thikn that the champion beadlocks look a lot better than the carbon fiber beadlocks

cdalejef
06-02-2002, 05:35 PM
X-Rider, they will cover that!

06-02-2002, 05:35 PM
Originally posted by X-Rider
Yeah why dont I:rolleyes: Why dont you sell your Roll design steering stem and get a lonestar?

One ring chips and I am going to sell the whole set? :rolleyes: Here why dont I just give them to you, let you take them off my hands, trade ya for your champion beadlocks that might bend and never be fixed.
why don't you keep your rims that break and jeep giving hyper more money...i think they know their stuff will break and thats why they offer replacment parts

and calm down..it's about fun not riping on each other

400exRacerX
06-02-2002, 05:42 PM
Yeah buddy calm down,,, I would sell my roll steering stem for a lsr one if the lsr was stronger.

In my opinion, I know guys that have had champion beadlocks for 6-7 years now and they arent chipped. All I hear about hyper rims is problems. And your not going to bend a champion beadlock wheel if your running proper tire pressure.

Evan
06-02-2002, 05:58 PM
Neither Rim is indestructible but at least on the hiper you can replace the only part broke instead of the whole rim. I am almost certain the reason I chipped this rim is I rolled the tire, I run 20 inchers right now. Now I know with an aluminum lock, I wouldnt have done this but, I have had some pretty hard landings that I am not sure the aluminuns wouldnt have flat spotted.

Yeah I calmed down- its just that why should I go and sell a whole set when one minor thing goes wrong, its really just a cosmetic flaw, doesnt effect performance, but I have been wanting red rings for a while and this is an excuse to get them.

06-02-2002, 06:01 PM
ths is the reason i don't trust hiper rims.. i think they are breakable...i trust aluminum more..i can also pound aluminum back into place if i have to.

Foxrage
06-02-2002, 06:53 PM
I have had them both and i honestly like the hiper better. My champion got scratched all to **** and looked like **** after alot of hard riding. I have did everything i could and these things still look brand new. They are alot eiser to clean too. So mud packe behind the beadlocks. I dont know but my mom sure thought they sounded better so thats why she let me trade a nice guy.

Dave400ex
06-02-2002, 08:55 PM
Well I think both Rims have Good and Bad things. The Aluminum are Cheaper and don`t Chip or anything. They can Bend or Flat Spot. The Hiper Rims seem to Break and Chip a lot, but they have a Lifetime Warranty. Heck I think the OMF Rims are the Best. With that Ring on the inside you shouldn`t be Bending those.

Scott
06-03-2002, 07:40 AM
I notice the only people saying the carbon fiber rims chip a lot are the guys that don't actually own them, they've only heard about these problems.

I have a set of champion beadlocks, and I love them. No problems at all. But if someone would like to trade for their "crappy" carbon fiber rims, just let me know. PM, email, carrier pigeon, smoke signals, I don't care. Let me know and we'll arrange the shipping. I'll try to get by on those crappy rims.

redrider808
06-03-2002, 09:32 AM
the wy i lok at it if its good enuff for a pro i must be good for me .
i just don't see alot of people using them and if you chiped it with a big tire i wonder what would have happin with a turf tammer . dont get me wrong i like the way that the wheels look but not proven yet just my thought

400exRacerX
06-03-2002, 01:28 PM
Yeah,,, if I'm going to spend 800 bucks on carbon fiber rims then I am going to ask around first. All I have heard is negative things about them. Look at last year when Travis Spader was sponsored by hyper,,, he only ran the hyper rims for 3 races and went back to aluminum. I'm not like Scott and go and buy things without research.

Scott
06-03-2002, 01:34 PM
FYI, I'm not buying them without research. I've watched 2 guys I ride with run them for about a year now. The rims held up, even racing hare scrambles. One guy clipped a pipe and chipped a ring, HyPer sent him rings, seals, bolts... all FREE. All he asked for was one ring. And they sent them via AIR MAIL so he would have them for the next race. And they had him send them his damaged parts so they could look at them and see if there was a problem with the rim or if it was just a freak accident, again at no cost to him.

06-03-2002, 01:37 PM
you should all just shut up cause it's not worth arguing over. you both have your opions and you should just keep them to yourselves if you can't discuss it without fighting...damn

Evan
06-03-2002, 10:39 PM
LRD - look Scott is stating facts, RacerX is basing his opinion on what he has heard, same with you, BTW you were arguing also.

Performance is definately a must but what seperates the 2 will be the customer service. If hiper responds like they did for scotts friend, then I will always run hiper beadlocks. I have never heard of an aluminum beadlock being replaced like that. I emailed hiper a pic and asked them what I should do, we will see what happens

Dave400ex
06-04-2002, 03:16 PM
Please let me know what they say. I want to know if they have Good Service all the time.

Evan
06-06-2002, 04:53 PM
D@mn, wish all service was this good. I emailed hiper but evidently the address doesnt work, cuz I have tried b4 but couldnt get them to respond, so I called them today. I told the lady I had chipped the ring and what should I do about it, she said well what color is it, I said its black but I would rather have red, she said ok, whats your name, I told her, she said ok they will be shipped asap to you. Can you get any better service than that? I would like to see champion do that with a bent beadlock ring.