PDA

View Full Version : Internet Screwin up

FasstMidnightZ
07-24-2005, 12:17 PM
well today, my internet started not working but my modem said it was connected then after messing with it for a while. some sites started working but some still wont, and it takes a while for them to load which last night it was fast. any ideas whats wrong

07-24-2005, 12:20 PM
spyware....virus ...start troubleshooting

07-24-2005, 12:26 PM
maybe you have a weak signal:confused: is it cloudy,raining,ect?

Cody_300ex
07-24-2005, 01:01 PM
operator error?

07-24-2005, 01:03 PM
try downloadind adaware and run it if it helps but doesnt fix everything the get spybot

Fender Bender
07-24-2005, 01:39 PM
First of all, what kind of internet do you have? Dial-up, DSL, Cable, Satellite?

If it is a problem with any type of malware/virus, then you will need to do a few things. First of all, you need a firewall to prevent anything from happening in the future. Try a free one like ZoneAlarm, or if you want buy one such as Norton Internet Security. I have used it for a couple years, it works really well. If you are still using Internet Explorer, try a different browser. I would look into Firefox or Opera. Then download a Virus Scanner, or you can go HERE (http://www.pandasoftware.com/activescan/) for an online scan. I would download AVG Anti-Virus. Once you have scanned with all of these get Adaware, Spybot Search & Destroy, and Microsoft Anti-Spyware Beta. One scanner will always miss something another one will pick up.