PDA

View Full Version : quad tech seat cover and desert foam

370kingR
07-24-2005, 08:21 AM
I have a new quad tech seat cover with their desert foam and as always, its a pain in the ahss to try and staple it on the plastic seat pan.

Problem is i have 2 staple guns, an electric one and a regular hand stapler and neither one will go into that plastic seat pan.

What in the hell do you guys use to attach the new cover on securly and easily. Any help would be greatly appreciated :D

ZRider400
07-24-2005, 08:33 AM
Air powered stapler...

Ive also used the hand held ones, what you have to do is hold it firmly against where your stapling so that when u hit the trigger it doesnt bounce up.

370kingR
07-24-2005, 08:38 AM
Originally posted by ZRider400
Air powered stapler...

Ive also used the hand held ones, what you have to do is hold it firmly against where your stapling so that when u hit the trigger it doesnt bounce up.

Right on ZRider, thanks. Now i guess i need to go find me an air stapler next. Ill go buy one at Depot and return it when im done :p

WhiteZee
07-24-2005, 01:51 PM
370, you should just take it to a faberic shop and have them do it, thats what everyone i know does. normally only costs about $20. when you do get it finished, do you mind posting some pictures of it? i may be very interested in getting the same seat, im just worried it will be to tall, i have problems reaching the rear brake lever as it is.
thanks

370kingR
07-24-2005, 03:15 PM
I actually suggested that to my wife! I just might look into that. I have a place pretty close by too.

I will most definetly post some pics when it is done WhiteZee. It is a good deal higher and might be a concern for some but i just cant take the whoops all day long with that rock hard seat...lol

mikes450r
07-24-2005, 03:54 PM
Originally posted by 370kingR
I actually suggested that to my wife! I just might look into that. I have a place pretty close by too.

I will most definetly post some pics when it is done WhiteZee. It is a good deal higher and might be a concern for some but i just cant take the whoops all day long with that rock hard seat...lol

thats what i also did gary...it cost me 25 bucks to have someone do it...plus that way you know its done right...it would suck to have wrinkles in a nice seat cover..when i got mine done i put a bunch more staples in it with my hand held...i just applied pressure to it..

mike

WhiteZee
07-24-2005, 04:13 PM
Originally posted by 370kingR

thanks a lot.

450RGNCC
07-25-2005, 08:11 AM
I got two 250r seats done for $10, and they were installed perfectly, no lumps or folds.