PDA

View Full Version : 350 warrior w/bad knock ???

400exstunta
06-02-2002, 06:26 AM
I have a 99 warrior i bought in march, it was just rebuilt, when the rpm gets higher in any gear it had a slight pinging noise that sounded more like it was in the exaust then it did pre ignition or detonation.I asked a couple people about it and they said not to worry.

Now i have a sever knock coming from the top end. On the day this happened the day started arounf 730am i hit 5th and 6th gear and it just reved to the sky i let off and turned around took off again and hit 4th at which time it just slowly lost rpm untill it stalled, it took a couple minutes to start back up after checking everything i could on the trail and ran fine all day up till 530 pm when i was doing some low speed riding in 1,2,3rd gear with moderate engine speeds when the knock started... have any ideas????????????

2) after i get this problem fixed i want to lower my gearing, im running 22 inch tires i plan to go down to 20's any reccomendation on sprocket changes that will give me more bottom end.

The engine is bored over i believe.020 and recomendations on a cam?its running stock now.

Any other info on upgrades for the warrior is appreciated