PDA

View Full Version : ??? on my Warrior 350YFM

400exstunta
06-02-2002, 05:20 AM
I have a 99 warrior i bought in march, it was just rebuilt, when the rpm gets higher in any gear it had a slight pinging noise that sounded more like it was in the exaust then it did pre ignition or detonation.I asked a couple people about it and they said not to worry.

Now i have a sever knock coming from the top end. On the day this happened the day started arounf 730am i hit 5th and 6th gear and it just reved to the sky , (I've never come up on the rev limiter thoug, could this be a bad cdi that caused all this) i let off and turned around took off again and hit 4th at which time it just slowly lost rpm untill it stalled, it took a couple minutes to start back up after checking everything i could on the trail and ran fine all day up till 530 pm when i was doing some low speed riding in 1,2,3rd gear with moderate engine speeds when the knock started... have any ideas????????????

2) after i get this problem fixed i want to lower my gearing, im running 22 inch tires i plan to go down to 20's any reccomendation on sprocket changes that will give me more bottom end.

The engine is bored over i believe.020 and recomendations on a cam?its running stock now.

Any other info on upgrades for the warrior is appreciated.

06-02-2002, 07:01 PM
wrong spark plug? high compression piston on the rebuild? i used a splitfire plug in mine and it would hit the piston so i had to use ngk, too low of octane gas?

06-09-2002, 06:18 PM
ive heard the same noise on my 2001 warrior, i asked the dealer and read in dirtwheels, that its your valves, if they are stock they are weak and are able to float, making a pinging noise, its nothing to worry about they said...ive heard them everytime i open it up in 4th,5th, and sometimes in 6th but nothing has ever happend..(valves are floating) but im not positive

2001 Yamaha Warrior
2002 400ex
warrior - yoshimura race pipe, white bros power filter, white bros nerf bars, white bros front stadium bumper, holeshot xcr rear with GNCC fronts on .190.

400ex has yoshimura comp full system, white bros nerfs, bumper, and powerfilter for now

ridgewarrior440
06-12-2002, 07:45 PM
if i were you i would go down 2 teeth on the front sprocket. with 20's on the back and when you go down 2 teeth youwill notice a speed difference on the road. but in the wood you will have more power and maybe even more speed.

this is what i done to my warrior and it made major different in the woods,,with my pipe and filter my warrior would easily eat any 300ex with the same mods.

it would give a bone stock 400ex a run for its money any day.

GOOD LUCK
jared :cool:

yellowrider
06-13-2002, 09:27 PM
r u outa your mind a warrior wil never give a ex a run for its money

hey man if you go down to 20 inch tires it will just gear you a little lower so i think if i was you i would gear it up a tooth if you wanna keep stock gearing dont listen to that nut
and go down 2 teeth you will be hit the rev all the time and working your engine to death