PDA

View Full Version : off the subject.

86-250Rnut
07-23-2005, 05:32 PM
Hi guys,
i know this isnt about any R but i dont know where else to ask for help. i just bought a 1980 kawasaki LTD 750. It was sitting in the guys barn for 15 years or so he said. but i was very impressed when i saw it, very litle rust! but very very dirty, but i still bought it for.................. 50 bucks. So i pushed it 2 miles home[my dad was using the trailer!] when i got it in my shop i started cleaning it with water and a wash rag[how i clean everything] and it clean up very very nicely. so the next day i went and got new plugs/air filter/brake fluid/ and a battery. after i got that all done i tryed to start it, and well it fired right up, but ran very poor and only 2 pistons were firing. i kinda thought that would happen. so i took off the carbs and found that they went to bad for sitting for 15 years but the jets were gumed up. but its a very werid carb. i really cant figure out how it works. but i cleaned the jet and put the carbs back on. and well it still didnt run good. so i dont know what to do. i have all 4 sitting in disel fuel and then i will clean it out really good and then soak it in gas. but i dont know what to do. i think the air jets might be gumed up, but i really cant tell where they are on the carb. i think there right next to the fuel jets but i couldnt tell you. and if they were gumed up would it run?? but i dont know im gunna go look at it some more.
thanks for any help you give me guys!!!!!!!!!!!
thanks a-lot,
mitch

250R-Dee
07-24-2005, 03:23 AM
Do a compression check because you could have some stuck piston rings.

Take the carbs completely apart and check/clean all of the passageways.

Make sure all of the plugwires are good.

86-250Rnut
07-24-2005, 10:55 AM
The motor turns over and i have compression.
i tore the carbs completly down last night and put it back together, and ran very very good. but now today the # 1 piston isnt firing. so i dont know what the deal is.
and i get good spark on all 4.

any other suggestions guys?

250R-Dee
07-24-2005, 06:15 PM
Add a couple drops of oil to the cylinders and crank it over.

Do a compression test and post the numbers.

If the carbs are not synched the motor will run like dookie!!