PDA

View Full Version : When buying a motor...

06-01-2002, 10:12 PM
When buying a uses motor what should I look for. See it started off like this...Abuta month ago I bougt a 97 300EX for 2300 well 2 days later the engine went and my motor guy said 1000+ to fix it so i found this 98 300Ex with an motor for 1000 but it desnt start b/c of battery etc. so im gona stick it on mine before I buy it so what should I look for to make sure the same thing isnt going to happen?

06-01-2002, 10:19 PM
theres really no way to know except to ride it in a quad. and a four stroke motor is a motor with lots of little things that can mess up and create big problems.if this a whole 300 your buying or if the guy has the actual bike still by looking at the bike it should show how maintained it was. if the bikes beat up it was probably not well maintained. you maybe can find a 300ex motor cheaper off ebay.

by the way..i love erie PA ...can't wait to visit it in a couple weeks and ride some bmx trails again

06-01-2002, 10:26 PM
The bikes sat in his basement for 2 years now just b/c he has a bad*ss KX250 but it also taken mostly apart. Erie is a great place to ride!