PDA

View Full Version : Lonestar Axle installation

nakomis0
06-01-2002, 09:39 PM
I have the axle in the carrier.

I have the rotor slipped on.

And I slid the inner and outer locknut on. But I can't see the notch to put the stopper ring on. The outer nut is on as far as possible, but i still cant see the notch for the stopper ring.

Am I doing something wrong? Maybe I need an aftermarket axle nut?

I did some measurements comparing it to the stock axle and it looks like the stock axle nut won't work. Unless I'm missing some step.

anyone know what I'm talking about?

DVS_Freestyler
06-01-2002, 09:53 PM
yeah i know what you mean. i think stock axle nuts work, are you sure your axle is all the way in? might be something simple like that, who knows. good luck

nakomis0
06-01-2002, 10:09 PM
Yup I been playin with her for a few hours. The axle is as far in as if will go.

I wonder if a aftermarket axle nut will solve this?

06-01-2002, 10:39 PM
Am I doing something wrong? Maybe I need an aftermarket axle nut?

Maybe you are, but I had helped out with a LSR axle on a 02 raptor and after trying everything to get the OEM nuts locked down it was just that LSR sent the wrong axle. After wasting a lot of phone time between the retailer and LSR they finaly agreed to own up and ship out a aftermarket lock nut. After 4 weeks delay the dang thing arrived and went on with no problems.

Seems that it did not last long as the threads striped out in a couple weeks. So if you decide you want or need a new nut try one of the steel lined ones as they should last longer. IMHO

you may want to call LSR and give them the number on the center of the axle just to confirm its the correct one.

nakomis0
06-02-2002, 10:50 AM
Has anyone recently put there Lonestar axle on a 400ex?

Did the stock axle nut fit?

Did you have any problems?

Razorback
06-02-2002, 07:19 PM
i just put mine on a couple of days ago and it went on fine. the axle has a groove for the stop ring. i put a RAD lock nut on though, but the using the stock spacer (the thing with the threads for the lock nut).

nakomis0
06-02-2002, 07:21 PM
Ya I need a aftermarket lock nut. Im going to have to go get one Monday.:rolleyes: