PDA

View Full Version : My new toy.

Svt-Sinister
07-22-2005, 10:22 PM
Well i just got it 3 days ago and its an awsome atv. Im not into hard core racing but i was wondering what are the first best mods i could do for it? I have a Z-start clutch on the way. What do you guys recommend for the YFZ? Thanks

07-22-2005, 10:27 PM
That is one pile of *****:ermm:

Jp man.:blah: REally nice............ Im jealous:chinese:

sampleez
07-22-2005, 11:44 PM
what kind of riding are you gonna be doing most? you'll wanna at least look into nerf bars, exhaust, handlebars.

sweet bike!!! my cousin has a SE too, i love that color combo. i was wanting to get SE too, but the dealer didn't have one at the time :ermm:

Svt-Sinister
07-23-2005, 08:17 AM
Thanks. Ill mostly be doing trail riding and sometimes i go to the mx track. Why new handlebars?

sampleez
07-23-2005, 06:42 PM
i just didn't like the bend of them. too droopy. but if yoy like them, their fine

YFZracer#450
07-23-2005, 09:09 PM
Awsome man!! Picked the right color!!

I would say some nerfs, bumper, exhaust and some tires and rims. I would also put some new grips on there. Unless you like them, I couldn't stand the stock grips..

Toadz400
07-24-2005, 11:35 AM
Nice YFZ, I have the same one. First you'll want to get handlebars (I had a set of Tag X5's lying around so I was in luck), once you put a different set of handlebars on you can control it so much better because of the different bend. Next you'll want to get nerf bars, even though I don't really feel they are a must with the YFZ because of the beefy pegs that kickup at the end. I have yet to have my feet slide off, and I have landed pretty hard and awkward and I also ride woods a lot. After the nerf bars you'll probably want to get a bumper because of how small the stock one is. I don't really feel that an aftermarket exhaust is neccessary unless you race a lot. Sure the stock one restricts a lot, but they do fly when they are stock and the stock exhaust keeps the neighbors and hippies happy. That's my 2 cents.

Have fun riding, you'll love it for sure :D .
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid172/pbb85f420ebad7e569e356ea1170823e7/f3cb09e1.jpg

harescrambles
07-24-2005, 06:52 PM
Nice quad looks like the one in my garage:D . i would start with suspention.
tcs and herman +2 long travel is what worked for me
http://home.comcast.net/~oneyfz450/little_10.JPG

EXtremeEXer50
07-24-2005, 09:09 PM
def handlebars the stockers arent strong enough....next maybe some nerfs if u think u need em if not get an air filter

Toadz400
07-24-2005, 10:45 PM
Originally posted by EXtremeEXer50
def handlebars the stockers arent strong enough....next maybe some nerfs if u think u need em if not get an air filter

Air filter? Have you seen how big the stock one is???:eek2:

450robot
07-25-2005, 02:56 AM
i dont have a yfz, but i heard a pipe really wakes them up (even more than they already are) for a first mod

anyways, i love your yfz's guy! that yellow/white/black is the coolest color scheme i have ever seen on a quad

good choice

400exc
07-25-2005, 02:07 PM
are the yfz's filters that big when they are stock?

Svt-Sinister
07-25-2005, 02:55 PM
Well it seems like you guys really like the handle bars so maybe ill make that my first buy...Just so i dont go wrong and buy ****ty ones, which handlebars do you guys like? Theres so many to choose from.

dopeyferree
07-25-2005, 03:53 PM
Fasst Co. Flexx bars. I just bought a YFZ 450 SE 2 weeks ago and love it. The flexx bars were on my raptor and I had to keep them.

sampleez
07-25-2005, 04:42 PM
i would get nerf bars and a pipe before handlebars, if the stock handlebars are comfortable to you.

the flexx bars are really good bars and all, but i think their a little overpriced for how much better they are, since their about $300 for the bars and clamps

i have a set of pro-taper fat bars and a universal big bar clamp kit, and i like it alot, and they are pretty strong bars. it's about $100 for these bars and clamps

and i've also heard from a reputable engine builder that most of the aftermarket intake kits for the yfz only make a minimal increase in power

honda_racer_713
07-25-2005, 06:17 PM
Originally posted by harescrambles
Nice quad looks like the one in my garage:D . i would start with suspention.
tcs and herman +2 long travel is what worked for me
http://home.comcast.net/~oneyfz450/little_10.JPG

shouldnt the brake lines go on the other side of the shocks along the a-arms:confused:

Toadz400
07-25-2005, 11:03 PM
The stock filter is huge on the YFZ, I can't ever see upgrading to a bigger filter. The only upgrade that I can see being done with the intake is having a bigger intake tube that doesn't bend as drastically as the stock one does.

As for handlebars, I love my Tag X5's. Not too expensive either, I think they might be in the 70 dollar range.

I definately recommend upgrading the handlebars and getting nerfs before a pipe. I didn't think the stock handlebars were "that bad" when I got mine, but there is such a big difference when you put on new bars. I feel like I have so much more control now with the more regular bend, not the awkward bend the stock ones have.

Dave400ex
07-25-2005, 11:40 PM
The intakes may not add much HP, but I think they are worth it just to have the clamp on style filter that the pro design kits allow...

tater_kamik
07-26-2005, 11:56 PM
pipe and tires! stock sucks!

Toadz400
07-27-2005, 10:53 AM
Originally posted by tater_kamik
pipe and tires! stock sucks!

How do the stock tires suck? I love them so far...by far the best stock tires I've ridden on:ermm: .

tater_kamik
07-27-2005, 10:12 PM
im not impressed with the tires on it, though they are pretty good for stock for sure! huge difference throwing on some holeshots though!

Toadz400
07-28-2005, 09:06 PM
Originally posted by tater_kamik
im not impressed with the tires on it, though they are pretty good for stock for sure! huge difference throwing on some holeshots though!

Well yea, stock tires will always suck compared to aftermarket but for being stock, the YFZ tires are excellent. They are the best I've ridden on for stock.

Punk'd
07-30-2005, 06:15 PM
I have a 450r, but its pretty much the same deal with the yfz and the R. Pipe it. Get a full system. The stock pipe on the 450's really restrict alot. Id recommend Sparks, HMF or Rossier. I went with Sparks.. its a loud but low sound and it gives the people in front of you the " get out of my way" feeling. Great low end to top end power, but of course you have to rejet. I took the lid off and it made all the diffrence. So pipe it bro.. Nice bike BTW:)