PDA

View Full Version : carb problem

cbmotorsports24
07-22-2005, 07:01 PM
I am having a problem with the carb on my friends 86 250r. It seems to run all the gas out the over-flow sitting on level ground. If you tear it apart then put it back togther it is fine just sitting there. As soon as you run it or put it up at an angle it starts running out.

We have took it to our local mech. and they have tryied to adjust the floats, that didn't work. Then they said that it was the float needle, so we switched that out. Then they said that is was the fuel petcock not shutting off. I just tore that apart and cleaned it out. I made sure that is stopping the fuel when shut off.

I am running out of things to do and the local dealer mech doesn't seem to know a thing.

velocityatv
07-22-2005, 10:53 PM
Sounds like a needle valve problem. I know you stated that it was replaced, but the seat that the valve sits in could be worn. I could be wrong but I don't think the seats can be replaced. This is mostly why it's harder and harder to find good stocker carbs. The best fix would be to swap that thing out for a 36mm Kehien. You can get one for less than $175. And never have to worry again.