PDA

View Full Version : may be a dumb question but....

dtmichau
07-22-2005, 02:09 PM
Hey guys, im just looking for some ideas on shock set ups. Im going with .5'' wider houser arms and was wondering what shocks to get. Elka obviously is a great choice but i am only a recreational rider, i dont plan on racing much if any at all and so i prolly dont need to drop that much dough on a set.

What im curious is how would a shock set up for a 400ex be on a 450r. Many times do you see aftermarket shocks for a 400ex being sold on ebay. Would a set of performance 400ex shocks work well on a 450r?

If you guys could just throw me the basic ins and outs of shocks to hepl guide my decision. THX!

44oEX
07-22-2005, 02:37 PM
well the EX shocks might work..they are a little shorther tho..and the valving would be off.

The best thing to do would be get a set of recreational shock from elka they are alot cheaper

Quadude32
07-22-2005, 02:39 PM
If you don't wanna spend alot of $$$ get some Works Shock's

400EXracer74
07-22-2005, 05:13 PM
if your not planning getting really competitive into raceing then id say just get the 450r stockers rebuilt. and 3 for the price of just the front end on works. the only reason im getting elka long travel over stock revalve is because i race and need to be able to go full throttle on any terrain

dtmichau
07-22-2005, 10:53 PM
well, im getting new shocks, im not gonna get simple rebuilds/revalving done. I was thinking about TCS, they seem to have a good price on them. Anyone have an opinion on them as recreational shocks?