PDA

View Full Version : NHL back in buisness,but new rules

JDiablo
07-22-2005, 01:15 PM
I think they should leave it the same,they took out the center line,smaller pads for goalies,the nets are moved two ft back,there is a overtime and that follows a shootout,i personally think you should leave it the way it was,its not going to feel the same anymore

TILLER
07-22-2005, 01:28 PM
Originally posted by 300exrida
I think they should leave it the same,they took out the center line,smaller pads for goalies,the nets are moved two ft back,there is a overtime and that follows a shootout,i personally think you should leave it the way it was,its not going to feel the same anymore

the only thing i like is the OT

the rest is bull****... no more 2 line passes ?

JDiablo
07-22-2005, 01:31 PM
nope,i dont like it one bit,i say leave the damn game the way it is,i bet they will change it after this season,lol hopefully,i personally disagree with everything the NHL has done,expect getting back in buisiness other then that,leave it the same

07-22-2005, 02:20 PM
nope,i dont like it one bit,i say leave the damn game the way it is,i bet they will change it after this season,lol hopefully,i personally disagree with everything the NHL has done,expect getting back in buisiness other then that,leave it the same there doing this to try to make the games faster and more exciting to watch, not constant whistles and such. i dont completley agree with it, but they need a way to get back some fans they lost, and get new ones

JDiablo
07-22-2005, 02:21 PM
leave it the way it was :o

hondarider2500
07-22-2005, 02:23 PM
the rules do kind of suck, but whatever, at least its back.

Tommy 17
07-22-2005, 02:23 PM
hockey went off the air and noone cared... i think if the sport was ended forever noone would care...

JDiablo
07-22-2005, 02:27 PM
they wouldnt have brought it back if noone cared :o

Die hard for life man

07-22-2005, 03:33 PM
Originally posted by Tommy 17
hockey went off the air and noone cared... i think if the sport was ended forever noone would care... you care enough to post your garbage on this thread...:rolleyes:

zephead400ex
07-22-2005, 03:45 PM
I can probably say this and be fairly accurate...but once the season begins and the new rules are engaged, the game will be more exciting to watch and won't change the game that much. They are trying to make the game more "TV friendly." Because the game consists of three periods with two twenty minute intermissions, it is not "TV and/or network friendly." If the game can become more exciting for people to watch, the game will grow in all aspects.

My $.02.

trick450r
07-22-2005, 04:18 PM
i think hockey should never come back, i think its a horrbile sport that is supported my american citizens only because of the violent conetent associated with it. I also think it is the most gruesome display of un sportsmanly like conduct i have ever witnessed. And finally i think that if it was never on TV again no-one would give a damn.

Quad18star
07-22-2005, 04:19 PM
Some of the new rules will open up the game and bring it to a faster pace . I like the no red line rule . If you've ever watched the Olympics or World Cup , you'd have noticed that the pace is faster . This rules allow the top skaters to actually use their speed .

I'm not a fan of the shoot out rule though ... but that's just my opinion .

07-22-2005, 04:24 PM
Originally posted by trick450r
i think hockey should never come back, i think its a horrbile sport that is supported my american citizens only because of the violent conetent associated with it. I also think it is the most gruesome display of un sportsmanly like conduct i have ever witnessed. And finally i think that if it was never on TV again no-one would give a damn.

:mad:

07-22-2005, 05:46 PM
i think hockey should never come back, i think its a horrbile sport that is supported my american citizens only because of the violent conetent associated with it. I also think it is the most gruesome display of un sportsmanly like conduct i have ever witnessed. And finally i think that if it was never on TV again no-one would give a damn. you sound like a my mom or girlfriend... :ermm:

boxing is violent, when racecars wreck it's violent, when football players run into each other it's violent. grow a sack you pu55y

trick450r
07-22-2005, 05:50 PM
yes but do racecar drivers jump out of the car and start beating th piss out of each other for no ****ing reason...NO and if they do are they taken out for like 2 mins NO they are suspended for WEEKS so before you open your mouth about other sports why dont you just go **** yourself....

trick450r
07-22-2005, 05:51 PM
yes, boxing is very violent...its not doing so well as an organised sport now is it...

JDiablo
07-22-2005, 05:51 PM
pfff i then i think quad racing should stop because its to loud :huh bascially saying the same chit, quads=loud,hockey= violence

07-22-2005, 08:03 PM
yes, boxing is very violent...its not doing so well as an organised sport now is it... you have a vagina don't you???? I KNOW YOU DO SO STOP LYING!

07-22-2005, 08:04 PM
Originally posted by MixMasterMike
you have a vagina don't you???? I KNOW YOU DO SO STOP LYING!

LMAO:D

Snow
07-22-2005, 08:05 PM
hockey is the greatest sport ever, ive been skating since i was 4. Personaly, i think the new, "no red line rule", will be interesting. im sure coaches will hang people out on the blue line to get some breakaways.

07-22-2005, 09:36 PM
Originally posted by nacsracer250r
hockey is the greatest sport ever, ive been skating since i was 4. Personaly, i think the new, "no red line rule", will be interesting. im sure coaches will hang people out on the blue line to get some breakaways.

ya i play goalie and in our league we took out the red line. and from a goalies point of view it makes the game much more fast/fun. i get way more shots and its not as boring.:D

bansheeguy77
07-22-2005, 09:49 PM
Originally posted by Tommy 17
hockey went off the air and noone cared... i think if the sport was ended forever noone would care...

i agree with tammy....i cant stand hockey...never could never will. i was happy to see that they went on strike.....now only if basketball, tennis, and golf would do that we would have a perfect world.

alberndt
07-23-2005, 08:29 AM
I like the rule changes, more scoring means more excitement, but whats with the no fighting policy for the final five minutes? That doesn't really make sense to me, I cant see how it will improve the game. Anyways I'll be happy to cheer on the Wings this winter.

To all the hockey nay-sayers......suck it and go flame somewhere else!

trick450r
07-23-2005, 08:44 AM
Originally posted by bansheeguy77
i agree with tammy....i cant stand hockey...never could never will. i was happy to see that they went on strike.....now only if basketball, tennis, and golf would do that we would have a perfect world.

YES, golf is the most boring sport to watch...its not bad to play though

07-23-2005, 09:16 AM
Originally posted by bansheeguy77
i agree with tammy....i cant stand hockey...never could never will. i was happy to see that they went on strike.....now only if basketball, tennis, and golf would do that we would have a perfect world. if you hate hockey why are you in an NHL thread? were just talking about rule changes. we dont care if you dont like hockey or not! this is for people who like it, not ones that want to bash it.

MotoX3
07-23-2005, 09:27 AM
Originally posted by aLLoY MX 428
we dont care if you dont like hockey or not! this is for people who like it, not ones that want to bash it. if you dont care then why are you getting upset if he doesnt like it?:confused:

Quad18star
07-23-2005, 09:29 AM
Originally posted by alberndt
I like the rule changes, more scoring means more excitement, but whats with the no fighting policy for the final five minutes? That doesn't really make sense to me, I cant see how it will improve the game. Anyways I'll be happy to cheer on the Wings this winter.

To all the hockey nay-sayers......suck it and go flame somewhere else!

In the junior hockey league up here ( league where you get drafted to the NHL) , they have a no fighting rule in the last 5 minutes of the game . The reasoning behind this , is that the league doesn't want coaches sending out their players to intentionally injure the other teams star players if they are losing. A lot of coaches will do that ... in the last 2 minutes of the game , losing by 6-1 , send out their tough guys and bang up the other teams stars .

bansheeguy77
07-23-2005, 02:50 PM
if you hate hockey why are you in an NHL thread? were just talking about rule changes. we dont care if you dont like hockey or not! this is for people who like it, not ones that want to bash it.

because it is an open forum where you are permited to express your opinions openly :) you have stated your opinion in MANY MANY other threads than i. so you have not a foot to stand on my little friend.

MOFO
07-24-2005, 05:56 AM
if you hate hockey why are you in an NHL thread? were just talking about rule changes. we dont care if you dont like hockey or not! this is for people who like it, not ones that want to bash it.

the title of the thread is "NHL back in business, but new rules", to me this is going to open discussion about the NHL starting back up. The title did not say "Talk about NHL new rules ONLY".

In my opinion, the world kept moving without the NHL....Sorry to tell you guys, its a dying sport. This is not an opinion, its a FACT.

Quad18star
07-24-2005, 10:55 AM
Originally posted by MOFO
the title of the thread is "NHL back in business, but new rules", to me this is going to open discussion about the NHL starting back up. The title did not say "Talk about NHL new rules ONLY".

In my opinion, the world kept moving without the NHL....Sorry to tell you guys, its a dying sport. This is not an opinion, its a FACT.

Dying sport cuz Southern US cities have been allowed to get teams .... cities that have never seen ice , unless it was made in their freezer . I don't know about in the USA , but come to any NHL game here in Canada , and it's sold out . WTF is with a city like Carolina doing getting a team?? Let them stick to football or basketball , not hockey . This sport is dying , cuz Gary Betman doens't know how to run the league .

JDiablo
07-24-2005, 10:57 AM
Originally posted by Quad18star
This sport is dying , cuz Gary Betman doens't know how to run the league .

you took the words right out of my mouth
Carolina
Anaheim

but it seems like dallas,sanjose for some reason like they need a hockey team?:huh idk

screw betman

Quad18star
07-24-2005, 11:01 AM
you took the words right out of my mouth
Carolina
Anaheim

but it seems like dallas,sanjose for some reason like they need a hockey team?:huh idk

screw betman

Tell me the logic behind this one .... Minnissota (?) had a team back in the day ... they LOST the team because there wasn't enough support ... the fans weren't showing up . Years later , they get a team again . :huh I guess they figured that the fans will return ????

But now there are cities that are begging to get teams ... cities like Rochester , Seattle and Hamilton , cities that would sell out every game , but the NHL is too STUPID to allow them the teams .

JDiablo
07-24-2005, 11:04 AM
I personally think betman needs to get his head out of his ***
Even NJ isnt that great of a hockey town,i have season tickets and its pathetic how many people show up to the games,i think last season we sold out maybe two games or three,vs the red wings who sold out every game....i would like to see the Devs pull in more fans,but anyway

I would like to see Rochester,that will be a nice hockey town for sure,they should take out carolina for that :o

07-24-2005, 11:08 AM
the flyers always have about 19,000 fans at every game. Philadelphia really likes hockey, and the fans really get into it.

JDiablo
07-24-2005, 11:10 AM
the flyers always have about 19,000 fans at every game. Philadelphia really likes hockey, and the fans really get into it.

its hard for me to say,but its true,philly does have good fan support

Quad18star
07-24-2005, 11:16 AM
its hard for me to say,but its true,philly does have good fan support

That's cuz Philly was one of the original hockey towns . When an NHL game only gets like 5000 people ... that city should have it's team removed.

JDiablo
07-24-2005, 11:17 AM
Originally posted by Quad18star
That's cuz Philly was one of the original hockey towns . When an NHL game only gets like 5000 people ... that city should have it's team removed.

remeber the old days with the islanders?lol 8??? fans showed up,but they have been decent in the past couple of seasons