PDA

View Full Version : like the pro says....

XCredrider
07-21-2005, 11:18 PM
I just got home from the county fair. We have quad and bike races at the fair in Johnson County Indiana. I dont know if any one else on here lives close enough to go but it was awesome. There were drag banshee's and 450's and 250's and everything you could imagine there. There was one guy on a 250r that was a solid mx bike. He rode in i think 3 classes. up to 500 cc, 250 2 stroke, and open. There were full drag 450's and full drag banshee's and full drag 250r's. He beat them all. It finally came down to him and a full blown drag 250r. It had a narrow frame, drag bar, out of the frame pipe, maxxis 4-snow drag tires and everything else you can possibly think of. No corners cut here at all on this quad. They came out of the whole even and hauled *** down the track. They were about even at the end with the drag 250 being slightly ahead. They both had a perfect run so far and then on the drag 250 next shift it bogged and had fouled a plug im guessing. It just wouldnt pull and gurgled. The mx bike passed it with about 2 feet untill the finish line. This is just to let everyone out there realize that there is no better machine.. all in all...Its whoever has the most money. Apparently this mx bike had an amazing motor in it and he had the most money. It didnt even have drag bars on it and he still beat everyone that had one. This is just to make the point that no matter what you have... banshee, quadzilla, 450r, yfz, LT, polaris, Z-400... there isnt really any one particular bike that is better. This guy had the better motor and apparently had the most money. Now i dont want to see anymore "which bike is better" post. This should pretty much tell you that it's not about the bike but the money.

Sorry everyone for such a long post but I am tired of seeing the same question over and over again.. :cool:

Dave83
07-22-2005, 09:03 AM
Well said.

nacs400ex
07-22-2005, 09:19 AM
Couldnt agree more, I guess thats why its rare to find a stock R. Us riders are addicted to modding them, which makes everything a toss up.

wilkin250r
07-22-2005, 09:24 AM
Yeah, but it's going to take a hell of a lot more money to make a Warrior a good MX machine than it would take for a YFZ.

No amount of money will make a LTZ400 put out 100hp, but a drag banshee puts that out easily.

markk
07-24-2005, 02:02 PM
I like that story, 250r are still kickin ***!!!!!!!!!!! 20 yearold machin going out and doing what they are made to do, Be riddin hard!

07-24-2005, 05:37 PM
Very good example of what can be achieved with a 20 year old 250R :)

2-Stroke for LIFE!