PDA

View Full Version : my engine noise

One_Bad_400
07-21-2005, 08:31 PM
i REALLY want to race powerline SX this weekend but today after practice when i was pulling my bike out the trailer my cam chain started ticking really loud.... will it be ok for a race??? if its not i really dont want to race and it fall off and have to put a new one in it and take the chance of putting new valves in it... can i tighten it myself of what should i do...

it a Z450

Pvt. Maggot
07-21-2005, 08:33 PM
Check your valves first. make sure they are in spec..then check the cam chain tensioner..then the chain if you have to. I'd check everything over good..run it and make sure your not just hearing normal noises..i'm sure you could get a new cam chain quick get it overnighted or whatnot. good luck.

One_Bad_400
07-21-2005, 08:39 PM
how do you make sure there in spec???? i dont think its normal... its pretty loud...

One_Bad_400
07-21-2005, 08:42 PM
i dont think i'm able to do any over nighting here... i'm leaving for the race tomorrow at 11...can you run me threw all the steps...

Pvt. Maggot
07-21-2005, 10:47 PM
Well. I'm sure with as many quads as you have you've adjusted your valves before. check them make sure there perfect. I'm guessing with this motor you can take off the head of your motor that holds the rockers and check the cam and cam chain. you might need to do this to check the chain. but def check the valves first. then make sure your cam chain tensioner is working properly. I dunno what else you can do really. If the sound still happens then you can either risk riding it or you can spend more time checking everything. good luck.