PDA

View Full Version : rack for 300ex

bigbadbrad
06-01-2002, 06:57 PM
i need a rear rack for a 300ex. not a 6-pak rack but a big one so i can use my 300ex for camping and going to work and other stuff. well does any one have a picture of one on here and how did they like it. i am not gonna keep on all the time just put it on when i need it. any good companies that you now of? thanks for the help

"BLAHH"300!!
06-01-2002, 07:53 PM
get some light weight material's and weld one up.

there's hole's in your footpeg's
(where your heal guards mounted) that you can mount it to, and mount the rear to your grab bar, stick the tools to remove it, in your little tool kit, and when you get to your camp site. take it off and go riding.
if you really wanted to get serious about it, you could weld one up to mount in place of your front bumper. then you wont be heavy in the rear from all the cargo.

i don't know of any places that sale. rear racks for the 300ex. i'm sure they do somewhere, but.....

bigbadbrad
06-01-2002, 08:00 PM
godd idea but there is only 2 things wroung with that for me. I dont have those holes nymore cuz that is where i mounted my footpeg extensions and iwhen i gought my 300ex used the tool bow thingy wasnot there godd idea thou

$$$moneyex
06-01-2002, 08:34 PM
i dont think they make one for they 300 but check out denniskirk.com (http://www.denniskirk.com)

NJ300ex
06-01-2002, 08:52 PM
In the rocky mountain atv catalog they sell one. I am not sure of their web address but I think that a company called CMP makes them and they are priced well.

R-Crazy
06-01-2002, 10:39 PM
my neighbor bought his a while back for the front and back. not sure where though.

dave

bigbadbrad
06-01-2002, 10:52 PM
front and back for a 300ex. what does he have a 300ex or 400ex? can u ask him where he got them for mre please

"BLAHH"300!!
06-02-2002, 10:13 PM
...my air box is my tool box, i keep a vice grip, one of those philips/flat head changing driver's and a washclothe in it.
vice grip'll fix anything. screwdriver to tighten my chain and what not, washcloth in case i get water in my airbox so i can dry off my filter. wipe off my face and cut down on all that beating and banging in my airbox from the other tools bouncin around...

Striker49
06-02-2002, 11:22 PM
Originally posted by NJ300ex
In the rocky mountain atv catalog they sell one. I am not sure of their web address but I think that a company called CMP makes them and they are priced well.

Yep, your right.

Here it is. Just goto www.rockymountainatv.com and type in CMP in the keyword box on the left.

CMP Rear Rack, Honda TRX250X/300EX 91-02 $69.99
http://rockymountainatv.com/product_graphics/cmprearrack.jpg

They are currently out of stock but you might try calling them to make sure. Its a toll-free number.
Hope this helped. :cool:

"BLAHH"300!!
06-03-2002, 12:12 AM
i see where it mounts to your grab bar, but what about those other 2 mounts' are you supposed to cut a hole in your rear fender then mount it to your frame or what>

Striker49
06-03-2002, 10:01 AM
Originally posted by "BLAHH"300!!
i see where it mounts to your grab bar, but what about those other 2 mounts' are you supposed to cut a hole in your rear fender then mount it to your frame or what>

Hmmm.......I dunno. Looks like it mounts to your frame below your grab bar somehow. Hmmm. They have em for all kinds of sports quads though. All the EXs, saw some Zukis and a few others.
Couldnt you see someone with front and rear racks on their fo-hunnerd? HAHA. :D

Rastus
06-03-2002, 09:35 PM
hahaha. If you can think of it, its probably been done :) :blah :D

"BLAHH"300!!
06-04-2002, 02:46 AM
'92 : 250X er
"....hahaha. If you can think of it, its probably been done..."

:eek: you don't even wanna know what i've thought of in the past.

and it's been done?:eek: thats a scary thought dude

RdingManiac420
06-04-2002, 03:07 PM
I also wanted a rack for my 250 but they only make rears and I dont want a light front end when I have it loaded up with camping gear. And also you do have to cut holes in your rear plastics to mount that. So I think I am going to build a front rack that quickly connects and disconnects with a few pins. When I get it done I will post pics of how I did it if you like.