PDA

View Full Version : Revalve stock shocks?

400excracer
07-21-2005, 06:03 PM
Has anybody out there had their stock 450r shocks revalved? How do they compare to aftermarket shocks?

woodsZrider
07-21-2005, 07:16 PM
i am running c&d's revalving now,,,
big improvment over stock..
i love mine..:D

DJJ450r
07-21-2005, 07:23 PM
how do they compare to elkas and axis?

400excracer
07-21-2005, 07:55 PM
How much did it cost? Do you race cross country?

chris450R
07-21-2005, 09:10 PM
i have the C&D revalve done to mine also. they are great. i had mine setup for mx. as fas as compare to axis or elka, they don't. they are strickly meant for an improvement over stock. don't get me wrong they work great but elkas are alot better. the revalve is worth the money for what you get for sure, imo.

oh and for all three shocks from C&D the cost was $550 and for an extra $65 you can get an 1" extra travel out of the rear. turn around time was awesome. took alittle over a week bc of new years weekend, shipped out and back.

woodsZrider
07-22-2005, 03:05 PM
yes i race cross country and they are great for my style of riding..
for the money, you can't go wrong..
i'm sure elkas are better, but once again for the price you can't bet them :cool:

khen
07-22-2005, 04:10 PM
My fronts were revalved by TCS and in terms of performance, I don't have a single complaint with them. I just bought a GT Thunder rebuilt rear with the MX linkage and I haven't tried it yet, but it feels like it's going to be a lot better than stock as well.. I ride MX and dunes.

CdaleXtreme
07-22-2005, 04:43 PM
the rebuilds are fine, but you dont get the extra travel that you get with aftermarket shocks.

RedRacer44
07-24-2005, 11:07 AM
Heh, dont mean to bash but what all you guys have are the stock "rebuilds or conversions". A revalve is strictly that, revalving the shock to whatever specifications the user wants.....no spring changes or anything. Now dont get me wrong, when you have the conversions done, there is some valving done but its not just strickly a "REVALVE". Just dont want anyone to get the wrong idea about what everyone is saying here :D

I apologize if you truely do just have stock "revalved" shocks. I dont know anyone personally who has just revalved their stock shocks but our local shop did a couple of sets for customers and they said they worked really well for just a "revalve".

I have a stock conversion on my rear with ZPS/Dual Rate spring setup w/ GT Thunder MX link and it works AWESOME!! JH Racing did the conversion and can do all 3 shocks as well in a package deal like other shops are doing.....

chris450R
07-24-2005, 09:52 PM
Originally posted by RedRacer44
Heh, dont mean to bash but what all you guys have are the stock "rebuilds or conversions". A revalve is strictly that, revalving the shock to whatever specifications the user wants.....no spring changes or anything. Now dont get me wrong, when you have the conversions done, there is some valving done but its not just strickly a "REVALVE". Just dont want anyone to get the wrong idea about what everyone is saying here :D

I apologize if you truely do just have stock "revalved" shocks. I dont know anyone personally who has just revalved their stock shocks but our local shop did a couple of sets for customers and they said they worked really well for just a "revalve".

I have a stock conversion on my rear with ZPS/Dual Rate spring setup w/ GT Thunder MX link and it works AWESOME!! JH Racing did the conversion and can do all 3 shocks as well in a package deal like other shops are doing.....

i am not sure what you mean by just "revalve", but this is what i got from C&D...fronts ZPS, TCS triple rate springs, and rear TCS dual rate.

infantry317
07-25-2005, 06:28 AM
IMO, save your money, they don't have enough travel. Buy some Works if you don't have a lot of money.

TRXDresh
07-25-2005, 11:54 AM
RedRacer44

Dude, why don't you just put "I Love Johnny Hale" in your signature and get it over with. Johnny is a cool guy and can get alot of stuff done, but jeez. Everything you write about on this site says something about him. :)

RedRacer44
07-25-2005, 04:03 PM
Yeah Chris you have a "conversion" where they converted the stock shocks to a ZPS/Triple Rate spring setup in the front and ZPS/Dual Rate spring setup in the rear....wasnt bashing what you had. Just making sure the info was clear for everyone :D

chris450R
07-26-2005, 12:29 AM
Originally posted by RedRacer44
Yeah Chris you have a "conversion" where they converted the stock shocks to a ZPS/Triple Rate spring setup in the front and ZPS/Dual Rate spring setup in the rear....wasnt bashing what you had. Just making sure the info was clear for everyone :D

yeah i figured! i was just makin sure, you know. shoot i have got tons of great info from you before on here so i knew you knew what you were talking about but then again i did question it alittle:D

thanks, chris