PDA

View Full Version : Sound system questions

JDiablo
07-21-2005, 03:04 PM
i havent posted much here,but since then i bought a car and now i need some help,i am piecing toghter a pretty decent system
two amps,rockford fosgate subs,etc,etc
My question is,how hard is the wiring to do?
I attempted to do something similiar to this before and that was a lost project,but anyway any sound system guru's in here?thanks

Scro
07-21-2005, 03:10 PM
well...if you are going to be wiring up two amps, you will need a ditribution block for power and a splitter for the RCA's. For the remote wire, just split it. Ground both amps at the same point, otherwise you run the risk of ground noise. When you are wiring up the subs, make sure you wire them in a way that the ohm-load is right for the amp. If the amps are decently sized (1200watts or so) you may want to look into getting an extra battery as close to the amps as possible.

JDiablo
07-21-2005, 03:30 PM
ummm ok :huh lmao....ill figure it out,im just going to run one sub
2000 watt i think it is

Scro
07-21-2005, 03:33 PM
are you going to be wiring up two amps to one sub, or just one amp for sub, and one amp for components?

JDiablo
07-21-2005, 03:35 PM
one for the sub and one for the speakers,etc,etc,i was planning on running one sub but i have 1000 watt speakers already,and that would be pushing it i think with the 1600 watt amp,so no need for that
Seems like you know what your talking about,hit me up on devilsfan12