PDA

View Full Version : 2002 recon compared to a 250ex? please rspond!

super_man37366
06-01-2002, 04:43 PM
:confused: Ok people I am confused my lil brother has a new 2002 recon es. And I want a 250ex, but I just got throuh reading this article in dirt wheels that said the new 2002 recons have the beefed up 250ex motor in them so here is my question. OK so thats true well how much difference is the recon from the 250ex I mean are the gears the exact same on both or different? I thought maybe the 250ex gears were higher(I`m praying) because my brothers is slow to me. Yea the recon will take off fast but then again top sucks.... bad..... I know there is a weight difference in both but I dont know how much that would help the lil ol` 250ex.. so will all of ya`ll please tell me something... Thankz for your time and please respond if you know nething... Super_Man

ps:sorry I ask so many questions I am just new to sport riding..

super_man37366
06-01-2002, 05:42 PM
bump......... please people I really need to know c`mon...............:(

phatswinn
06-01-2002, 07:29 PM
everythings the same besides the plastic and shocks i think, just get a 300ex i had a recon too, then i got the 300 and its like night and day difference, also there way more aftermarket stuff for it

PDunes300ex
06-01-2002, 08:36 PM
Get a 300ex...you won't be sorry...then you can start posting topics about how to make it jump farther and rev harder instead of all the what can a 250ex beat (nothing)

06-01-2002, 09:56 PM
stop doggin the 250ex. theyre not much different than the 300.the 250ex it is geared higher than the recon and will go faster due to the weight difference. and is easier to pull wheelies and jump.just get one and if u have any questions pm me. i have done everything on a 250ex and can answer all your questions. maybe then everyone will quit doggin u about askin 250ex questions.

later,
king

super_man37366
06-01-2002, 10:15 PM
hey king dude thankz alot..... man i get people mad at me here all the time about asking qustions on the 250ex and when i do get replys the are negative so I mean goodness lol. I cant help it
I` m just curious. and I thought that why the site was here. I am sorry to all of u by the way I cant afford a big quad... hey king if you dont mind will u e-mail me pictures on the 250ex and info..... thankz again u are a pal.... last thing whats the top speed on you have got on yours.. I`ll go now...... later super-man
email: meeksjustin@blomand.net
:macho

06-01-2002, 10:18 PM
no prob. i get tired of all the dix doggin me cuz i gotta 250ex! WHO CARES! we'll ride what we want and u ride what u want.

06-01-2002, 10:19 PM
hey superman i bet if you get your new 250ex your gonna be one of those people who freak out if they get a scratch or get it dirty. am i right????

super_man37366
06-01-2002, 10:20 PM
lol that was fast dude.... on the reply... u got a website???well thanks again.... super_man

super_man37366
06-01-2002, 10:22 PM
no bro I will take care of it but who would`nt? when it comes time to ride it will be rode right but since I am not rich like you I guess I will take care of my stuff.... later super-man

06-01-2002, 10:29 PM
ya i know what it is like to be dogged for ownin a 250ex, i had this one guy on a warrior come up to me and say isnt that quad a little small, and i was like **** you man lets race. so i was trail riding with him and we started to kinda race in this one trail riding area in the woods and i showed him how much better it handled and that it does have more power then he thought also it has enough of power to hurt yourself if you wanted to. . also this one time i was climbing up these trail hills and this guy on a stock blaster said lets race the top. the blaster had a good start on me cuz the instant power of the 2 strokes but my 250 pulled along i ended up passing him in 4 th gear and left his *** in the dust. so they do have a little torque when you need it. but racing on flat ground is a different story the blaster smoked my *** after i hit fith gear we stayed the same until then then we he hit 6th he left me

super_man37366
06-01-2002, 10:40 PM
thaNKZ for being serious and answering the questions and being nice later dude...... super-man

phatswinn
06-02-2002, 07:54 AM
the only time i dogem is when the people who have them come up to me in school and want to race and after school i make them look like idiots for thinking about racing me, but then the nextday of school people are laughin at me sayin im slow cuz the kid i raced told everyone he beat me. and people who say 300 is as slow as a 250, another thing is i went riding with someone and i let them use my recon and we raced down the tracks near my house, i was a mile ahead of him and i couldent see him anymore, so i went back and he crashed a split the skin next to his eye open and had to get stiches, the next day when i got to school i found out he was tellin people that he was ahead of me and i cut him off making him crash

sorry bout the long message thats off topic i just dont like to hear how a 250 beat a 300 and there the same , because there not

Jay300ex
06-02-2002, 08:38 AM
Just have fun riding thats all that matters ;) The 250ex is a lot of fun also, because you dont have to worry about the clutch and such, and it has an easy reverse.. I dont know I felt so small on one when I went to test it, so thats why I got the 300. I havnt had a 250ex show me up yet but thats just time I suppose right..

Jay

super_man37366
06-02-2002, 08:46 AM
u said it felt to small? well I got on the honda ebsite and check it out the seat height is even higher than the 300 and well they both are just about the same as far as wheel base and stuff? would it be ok for a guy my size 5,10 145 lbs? thankz alot have ne 250ex even come close to beating u? thankz for the responses Super-man:cool:

Jay300ex
06-02-2002, 12:51 PM
Yea it felt considerably smaller even though the stats were alike, mainly small cause there is so little engine under that frame I guess. I rode around a parking lot though so I cant really say much about its performance. But I have riddin with a 250ex plenty, he wasnt really aggressive but we were doing some jumps and I got like 4 ft more height then him off some hill jumps. Go down to a dealer and ask to take one for a spin, if it carts you around stock and brand new, then it should rock once its broken in and modded a tad.

Jay

06-02-2002, 02:37 PM
i have a video of me on a 250ex and my buddy on my recon. i am a way better rider than him. u can just tell how easier to turn and jump a 250ex than a recon. and i smoked him bad in a drag race. i donk think there is allotta difference in a 300ex and a 250ex except for cliutch and suspension. i have ridden both alot and the low to mid is about the same. the 300 is just a little faster than a 250. u guys with 300's are just mad cuz a recon engine can hang with your 300:o . so superman, if u have any questions just ask me i can tell you everything you want to know.....EVERYTHING, i have raced almost any quad u can think of. if u wanna know how it stacks up ask me.

super_man37366
06-02-2002, 02:41 PM
atv_king dude thankz! us 250ex peple get doged bad...... thankz again though...... can I see that video ? how would I get to it..?? my e-mail is meeksjustin@blomand.net e-mail me and tell me all the things aout your 250 like what ui beat and stuff and what mods work and helped the best.... thankz again later super-man
ps:were u from?

06-02-2002, 02:48 PM
just ask me all the questions u wanna know right here and now. i hate to do e-mail (sorry), i have a bone stock 250ex but i plan to get many mods soon. i am 15 and from ohio. i do alot of trail ridin.

super_man37366
06-02-2002, 03:14 PM
ok I`m 15 from TN---lots of trail riding very good all around place plus were I live people dont care if you ride. OK to start of with all my questions. theres alot be patient... How is the 250ex for trail riding b/c thats all I ever do. I want the 250 because its sporty but still goes good in the moutains. so I here... whats the top of the machine pretty alright power? and would it fit me I am 5-10 145lbs... were we ride we usually have to ride down the rode aways before we get to where we are riding so I like to be number one on the rode plus the guys I ride with have utilites...
all but 2 ones a warrior and the other fixing to get a 250ex.. How would it handle mud not alot but some and the moutains rocks and stuff.. I know it will be different than my 300 4x4 but I can adapt.. I like it because it is sporty.. thankz again sorry about all the questions...... later super-man

FullBore52
06-02-2002, 03:22 PM
I think its really funny when some kid comes up to me and says how fast his 250ex is...It really makes them mad when I wheelie by them in 5th gear going 20 miles an hour faster than them...with only two wheels on the ground!

06-02-2002, 03:26 PM
ok the 250 does its magic on the trails. it can keep up with any quad on the trails. turns really well and does good climbin hills. reverse is quick and easy also.there are not many situations the 250 cant get u out of.as far as the warriors go if u are a good enough rider u can smoke them on the trails.(i smoke my buddies all the time). they are sporty and easy to wheelei. i can wheelie man though 2nd gear.but i hear with a pipe and fliter u can go to 3rd. the suspension is not very good so dont go tryin 40 footers like me. they are REALLY good trail bikes cuz the reverse and no clutch. descent amount of power in water and mud. and the shaft drive is a plus also. u dont have to worry about that goofy chain. it stacks up good on the trails but dont go drag racin no blasters or warriors cuz u will lose. i think it is a wonderful 4 wheeler anmd alotta fun to ride. i am 145 lbs. also and it hauls my ***** around just fine. so get one and have fun on it. did i cover everything? hope this helps

06-02-2002, 03:30 PM
yes it will be different. does good on rocks and stuff and will have enough power for you. my friend on a highly modded banshee was suprised how much power it had by watchin me ride it, (i bring out the best in quads;) ). so there ya have it, just get one and then u can answer all these questions yourself. he screamin shee, kiss my *** cuz when your replacin your spark plugs ill be flyin by you sorry son of a *****.:devil

06-02-2002, 03:31 PM
and one more thing superman dont take anyone elses $hit. :blah

super_man37366
06-02-2002, 03:52 PM
atv king --- thankz man I will use your advice thank goodness there is someone of here that will help... 250ex kick ***... thankz again man it was a big help BIG HELP... I hate nething but honda`s.. and by the way atv-king isnt this a ex rider website sure is alot of yamahas in here lol guess they want to know the secrect to how we kick there *** so much so here u go yamaha riderS: grow some nuts!! and by a honda they rule... later peps... super_man

JustRace
06-02-2002, 04:06 PM
Screaming Shee has a 483EX, a raptor, and his shee so he could smoke a 250ex on any of them. It gets so annoying when people talk about there 250ex as a high performace quad. If you want a high performace quad get one. Ask Striker about his 250ex. When he went riding with Rico and others he had to try his hardest just to keep up with the others. I say go ride a 400ex, 300ex and a 250ex. Base your decision off of your own experience and not others. That way if you buy a 250ex, you won't be kicking your self in the but later thinking you should have saved your money up and bought something else.

super_man37366
06-02-2002, 04:10 PM
I am not n to racing I dont want a bigger quad I am fine I want a 250ex I just want to know things about it not about how I should save and get a 300 or a 400.. super-man

06-02-2002, 04:25 PM
do you or do you not have a quad superman???????? if u do, what did u do to it

06-02-2002, 04:31 PM
hey b!tch, no one cares what u think so just shut your trap. i didnt say i could beat him, except when hes broke down like most yamahas are. so why dont you just mind your own dam buisness and let us have our fun with our little 250ex's. why are u stickin up for him. u guys butt buddies?:eek: like super man said.we dont need high perfromance quads and we're happy with what we have. so go somewhere else and talk ***** cuz we dont wanna here it.;)

super_man37366
06-02-2002, 04:33 PM
I own a 3004x4 with alot of mods like the 300 highlifter quad if you are familiar with it. my bro has a 250recon,my dad owns a honda rancher 4x4.. I never had a racin or sport quad so u could say and am curious. u like your 250ex? beat nebody on it? we ride trails in the moutains thats wh i dont know if the 250ex is for me.. later super-man

super_man37366
06-02-2002, 04:35 PM
kick *** atv-king kick ***..... lol later super-man

JustRace
06-02-2002, 05:53 PM
You two needs to take some chill pills or something. I wasn't talking crap. I was giving him good advice on to go ride the quads before he purchased anything. Atv king you need to chill out.

06-03-2002, 07:51 PM
Listen superman, i got my 250ex in October of last year. I loved it. for the first three-four mounths. Then i hated it! Its really slow, and its not worth all the agruing, over who has a faster quad. Really, a 300ex is so much better. Trust me, i can relate to u i have a 250 and im dying for something bigger...see if u can find a cheap 300..they're out there..

06-03-2002, 09:57 PM
hey, no one likes u atv king, every post u hav started u jus fight and argue, so jus shut up, god, u fight and act like u hav been here for years, yet only like 3 months, so shut ur lil hole

TRX250EXER
06-03-2002, 10:55 PM
everyone needs to stop bashing the little 250ex's. i have one and i admit it is slow but i dont regret getting it. I have rode alot of different quads and i enjoy riding the 250. you can toss and throw this little qaud anywhere. it rides wheelies better than any quad i have ever rode. it has a very long balance point. if you guys dont like slow quads then why doesnt anybody bash a 250X?? One of my friends has a '87 250X and i kick its *** all the way until I top out and then he will creep pass me. It is tons quicker. It goes about 5 mph more than me. but who cares about top end. And the thing handles and turns about the same. And I was told that the '87's had a higher compression and were faster. The only bad thing is, is that i am way to tall for the little thing and I will be getting a bigger faster quad soon. Im looking at either a DS650 or a lt-Z400. Unless honda comes out withsomething really fast. BUT I WILL NEVER GET RID OF MY 250EX!!!! Its just to fun to ride. I can ride wheelies on the handlebars and it doesnt even have a clutch to drop. everyone that I have let ride it call it a wheelie machine. It'll even bring the front end up all the way in 5th gear if you have a pipe on it. but a 250ex will always be in my garage.

06-03-2002, 11:51 PM
just my .02 cents..

i sit in here and read these little rich spoiled kids dog on everybody who does not have a souped up big *** quad, and it really pisses me off, i'm usually quiet but i'm sick of this bull***** that is going on. if you don't like a 250 ex keep your opinion to your self and shut the **** up. i got a 250 ex because i liked the way it looked and honestly thats all i could afford. i like the ex but i admit it could be stronger but its my bike i bought it and i ride it. this may offend some of you but so what.:devil

FullBore52
06-04-2002, 12:18 AM
Originally posted by atv_king300ex
hey b!tch, no one cares what u think so just shut your trap. i didnt say i could beat him, except when hes broke down like most yamahas are. so why dont you just mind your own dam buisness and let us have our fun with our little 250ex's. why are u stickin up for him. u guys butt buddies?:eek: like super man said.we dont need high perfromance quads and we're happy with what we have. so go somewhere else and talk ***** cuz we dont wanna here it.;)

I wasnt here, I was out riding my supposed "broke down yamaha". Of course it will be broken down if some stupid ***** like you had it. Its called maintenance. Say that, maintenance, good, now spell it, oops, too hard for you. You and superman sure seem like butt buddies...I know alot of guys who havent needed to replace plugs on their banshees for over a year...your 250 doesnt need any maintenance because it makes a whole 10 horsepower and its shaft drive...perfect some little punk b!atch like yourself.

FullBore52
06-04-2002, 12:20 AM
And one more thing while im in the mood. Best wheelie machine, please! a 1st gear limit is hardly a wheelie machine in my opinion...

lil400exman
06-04-2002, 08:04 AM
dont get me worong everyone but he really hasnt ridden anyother quads i reccomend buiying a used 400exand youll pay less for it than a 250ex my friend had one and he outgrew perfomnce wise in bout 2weeeks nooffense but if you have those quads you'll want a 400ex or sumthin 250's are a good begginer quad o wifes quad but you have experince on quads a 330exor400ex is the way to go. just buy $2.00 lol:blah

06-04-2002, 08:53 AM
leo when you make this a pay site, i would love to join, who cares who goes quicker or jumps higher. yeah sure i wish my 250ex had more bottom and mid, but top end, no. you dont need top end cause i live in kentucky where its full of woods and 45 to 50 is all you can hold on some of these trails. so if you dont like my bike kiss my white arse and suck my 250ex tail pipe-bytchez!!!!!:grr :grr :grr

250exen
06-04-2002, 11:15 AM
welll said brokeitin2!!!!

06-04-2002, 12:58 PM
all i people are a bunch of *******s. im tired of eveyones crap and i aint gonna sit here and listen to a bunch of high priced pussies like u guys. im sure there are better sites out there than this one. so all you (except a few) can :D :macho :blah :devil

06-04-2002, 12:59 PM
lata 4ever bytches!

Striker49
06-04-2002, 01:16 PM
Originally posted by super_man37366
ok I`m 15 from TN---lots of trail riding very good all around place plus were I live people dont care if you ride. OK to start of with all my questions. theres alot be patient... How is the 250ex for trail riding b/c thats all I ever do. I want the 250 because its sporty but still goes good in the moutains. so I here... whats the top of the machine pretty alright power? and would it fit me I am 5-10 145lbs... were we ride we usually have to ride down the rode aways before we get to where we are riding so I like to be number one on the rode plus the guys I ride with have utilites...
all but 2 ones a warrior and the other fixing to get a 250ex.. How would it handle mud not alot but some and the moutains rocks and stuff.. I know it will be different than my 300 4x4 but I can adapt.. I like it because it is sporty.. thankz again sorry about all the questions...... later super-man

Ok, I just read the first page so Im sure somebodies already answered your questions but here goes anyways...
Im almost exactly the same size as you are and sometimes I feel a little cramped on it but not bad. Ive hit top speed of 50-51 mph so I can hang with any utility up to 350 on the road pretty good. Its very easy to wheelie, has enough low end to pull a wheelie in every gear cept 5th.....well, i dont have enough room to try 5th.
Anyways.......it handles great in the woods, has good ground clearance b/c its shaft so if you ride rutted out trails you wont get hung up as much as a chain drive quad. It has plenty of torque for hill climbing, just dont hit steep ones in 2nd or you might end up bogging down......ive made that mistake b4 (ask fearthisracer, he said he has never seen a quad go down a hill backwards as fast as i did b4 :blah) The machine is decent in mud if you have to go through any but I would recommend getting rid of the stockers if you ride in thick mud or youll be pushin it out.
As compared to the Recon........same engine, EX has more suspension travel, approx 50 lbs lighter, no racks and dif plastic (duh) and has slightly higher gearing than the Recon.

I like my quad and all but I just think that its missing some power, like it should have a 6th gear or somin. Im workin this summer to try and get a 400 sometime this fall or winter. Its a great quad for what it is and reverse comes in handy sometimes but you will prolly end up wanting more power after a few months of owning it. Im not trying to dog the 250 or anything but I would recommend going ahead and getting a 300. More mods are availiable for it plus its got more power overall plus its slightly bigger.

Hope this helped. :cool:

06-04-2002, 01:27 PM
Well I can tell ya how fast I can lock this thread,,about this fast...............LOCK

atvking300ex or whatever your name is,,,if your gonna keep using that foul mouth then it might be best if you go to another site....you shouldn't let people bother you so much..