View Full Version : what do ya's think

bansheeguy77
06-01-2002, 04:26 PM
i just picked up my 02 400ex today :D and i ordered like 1500 bucks worth of mods for it. i got works tripple rate fronts with resivors. i just read that 1 post and thats what made me get them because alot of ppl have them and they race and becasue rico has them and he seems to be good lol. but then i read another post saying how their junk and cant hold up. did i do good or bad with it? then i got an lsr axle to :) i also got a complete big gun race exhaust system. good or bad?? every mechanic and salesman said the big gun was the best pipe for the 400. then i got wb rev kit and kn filter to. i was just wondering if i did good or bad in choosing my mods.

400exredrider
06-01-2002, 04:48 PM
Great job except fo the Big Gun...........:mad: im just kiddin choose what pipe you want to but ill still be a WHITE BROS MAN!!!!:D

FullBore52
06-01-2002, 05:30 PM
the big gun is fine...seems to work for my bike anyway!

Tommy 17
06-01-2002, 05:39 PM
sounds like all good choices to me... i wouldn't ahve bought the big gun i would have got a lrd pipe but thats just me... now when we goin riding at rausch!!!!

NJ300ex
06-01-2002, 06:00 PM
The new big guns are suppose to be good. So all around good choices except for the cdi box.

bansheeguy77
06-01-2002, 06:17 PM
thanks guys...yea i think the pipe should be fine. the dealers told me the loudest pipe they ever heard was the big gun so im like sweetness :devil lol. o and when i go to the track all i see are lrd or white bros. my friend has a white bros on his and its loud but makes good power. so i cant wait to hear mine lol. plus i wanna be different. the main thing i was worried about was the shocks but their gonna be better than stock so its all good. the reason i got the rev box was cause im coming from a banshee and im used 2 the high rpm's. i kept hitting the rev limiter on the c-dale when i rode it so i figured id get it on the 400. o and 400ex21 im shootin for about 2 weeks. whenever my stuff comes in bring the gang. we could start arranging like a huge thing like the last time u guys came up....maybe like the 22nd or 23rd??

Dave400ex
06-01-2002, 08:13 PM
Yeah they are sound Good. I also would have got a different Pipe but the New Big Guns are suppose to be Good so you made a Good Choice. I would have not got the Rev Limiter. Even if you were a Banshee Rider. I never hit mine. Plus it makes it start harder and doesn`t add any Power.

user101
06-01-2002, 08:53 PM
good choices

400exRacerX
06-01-2002, 09:15 PM
Hey Bansheeguy77 head up to Rausch creek tomorrow,,,, I'll be there. I dont know what you look like so, just wave at the tall kid riding a red 400ex #71 with a yellow frame. I'll be there all day until 3:00- 4:00pm.

Norm

bansheeguy77
06-01-2002, 09:24 PM
ok i shall try my best....ill try to take the 400 up to see how well she does. if i go up on the 400 ill be on a new yellow 400ex and have yellow thor helmet and jersey and jeans (dam fleshgears) but if im not riding ill be down watching u and ill find ya...tell ya what if im not riding look for somebody in a black shirt that says its not that im anti social i just dont like u lol....that way u can recognize me. 1 way or another ill get there. o i work till 1 so il be up a lil after 1.

Nausty
06-01-2002, 10:02 PM
Well when you get it the power probably won't impress you but if you wanna wake it up get a jet kit, take off the air box lid, and adjust the throttle cable because they have a ton of slack in them when you get them new. Plus I set the idel up a little bit so it isn't like hitting the brakes when you let off the throttle.

Zero Z400
06-01-2002, 11:42 PM
I think u'll be happy with everything except the rev box. You might want to stop reving ur 400 so much. I don't think it will last quite as long that way. If ur hitting the rev-limiter ur doing something wrong.

Later

stocktires
06-04-2002, 10:17 PM
Its hard to switch over to a thumper . Just stay from reving it up and dont use tha clutch in the corners. Its hard, I said screw it and got back on my R. Thats just not where the power is. Its down low and smooth and hard to get used to once you have 2-stroke riding habbits.

beerock
06-04-2002, 11:02 PM
for 1500 you should be able to get shocks, a-arms and axle.

if you have the option you should think about getting arms and shocks that are valved and sprung for +2 so your set up for the track banshee guy.

I can sell you my laegers if you want them, email me and ill give you a price.........email me (beerock@rcn.com)