PDA

View Full Version : Recent changes at 143offroad

Bill Fuller
07-20-2005, 08:50 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I would like to take the time and invite everyone out to the park.I have recently been out and met with the owner of the park and he has some great things store for us.I know we had a rough start with the management and logging,but those days are over Max is definatly on the side of us trail riders.I personally toured the park and there has definatly been major improvements.There are now three cabins for rent that are AWSOME.I would say they would sleep 10 to 15 easily.Best part is the park is yours to ride all day/night long.It's been along time since the 'ol night rides at Turkey Bay.I sure hope that every one takes the time to realize that Turkey Bay isn't going to be around much longer.What we have here is 2000+ acres to ride thats pretty much how Turkey Bay was 30 years ago when it was started.There are definatly learning experiance here with a new park but I think we can make this the PREMIER riding spot in Tennessee.If you have any suggestions feel free to send them to me and we can figure something out.Recent changes in the park include marking of the fire roads to make it safer to find your way back to camp.Also on the way are showers(pad is poured and construction will begin soon)!There are still logging issues,we will have to deal with it whats done is done.I urge anyone riding that comes up on tree laps or other obsticles to report them to the sign in office,there are plenty of tractors and doziers to fix whatever.RV hook ups are on the way I seen the man out working on the site Saturday.I have some ideas about future events such as a buddy race or maybe a 6 or 12 hr event.I have also suggested to max to turn some of the fire roads into mud pits or add some whoops or small jumps.

I know everyone remembers the issues I had earlier in the year but my opinion has changed after meeting the OWNER of the park a very nice man named Max Burge who has came up from his home in Mississippi to chage the park around.I would like anyone who is interested in getting together a group ride to let me know.All in all I complained about the issues and now finally someone is listening,I know things can turn around.:macho

Chino
07-20-2005, 10:43 PM
hey pudpuller how bout some exact locations of this place so i can plug into mapquest and see how far it is... btw i haven't forgot about the pepperoni roll recipe ill get it to you asap been busy as heck with dr's and physical therapy again :rolleyes:

Bill Fuller
07-21-2005, 04:55 AM
www.143offroad.com Hwy.40 towards Memphis.About 1 hr from Nashville.