PDA

View Full Version : ricky and bubba

LsMxRaCeR
07-20-2005, 08:08 PM
did anyone see the race where bubba landed on ricky?? my dad said that ricky was fine but they took bubba out on a strecher(sp)

07-20-2005, 08:09 PM
the TWMX race report didnt say, but stewart didnt race the 2nd moto:ermm:

Moto92
07-20-2005, 10:53 PM
http://www.motonews.com/mototalk2/files/405096-4020040kmac4kz.jpg

sampleez
07-20-2005, 11:21 PM
couldn't resist :D :devil:

http://img346.imageshack.us/img346/4636/rickybubba1ki.jpg (http://www.imageshack.us)

tater_kamik
07-20-2005, 11:38 PM
ever see the one where a guy on a snowmobile jumped and landed another guy on a snowmobile?!? now that must suck!

07-20-2005, 11:39 PM
i hate RM but that must really suck

07-21-2005, 06:53 AM
Man that sucks! is this something current? i didnt hear anything about it.

dober250R
07-21-2005, 07:09 AM
maybe if the rm was a lil faster......... i'm kidding. Dayum, that really sucks!!! Both very good riders and hope they heal up quick. In the words of the late chris farley "That's gonna leave a mark"

Rob Dob
07-21-2005, 07:26 AM
I like RC, can't blame him for being the best and I like Bubba for taking so may risks out on the track which most of them pan out in his favor. With a little more control, I'm not sure if RC can keep up with Bubba. The accident is a too bad, but that's racing. Does anyone know when Bubba will be back?

Quad18star
07-21-2005, 07:28 AM
Originally posted by tater_kamik
ever see the one where a guy on a snowmobile jumped and landed another guy on a snowmobile?!? now that must suck!

Seen that happen on a few occasions .... it really does suck to see ... especially when the sled track has studs in it . There's a reason why the chest protectors for sled riders are so big and bulky ... to keep then 1inch studs OUT of your back .

07-21-2005, 07:46 AM
Originally posted by Rob Dob
I like RC, can't blame him for being the best and I like Bubba for taking so may risks out on the track which most of them pan out in his favor. With a little more control, I'm not sure if RC can keep up with Bubba. The accident is a too bad, but that's racing. Does anyone know when Bubba will be back?

Obviously he cant, bubba was probably doing his usual and flying super far on that jump and landed on him...

he should stick to the slow lane ;)

Yeah i hope bubby aint hurt to bad, he's my fav rider.

yfz4life50
07-21-2005, 11:12 AM
Originally posted by DierWolf
Obviously he cant, bubba was probably doing his usual and flying super far on that jump and landed on him...

he should stick to the slow lane ;)

Yeah i hope bubby aint hurt to bad, he's my fav rider.

It's not RC fault that Bubba was trying a last chance pass looks to me he was just pushin to hard!

Hondadudeehhhh
07-21-2005, 01:16 PM
happens all the time, but its too bad for bubba because he gets enough **** for being black and being a rookie. At redbud everyone boo'd him on the podium...

popo
07-21-2005, 01:39 PM
Originally posted by Hondadudeehhhh
happens all the time, but its too bad for bubba because he gets enough **** for being black and being a rookie. At redbud everyone boo'd him on the podium...

He got boo'd at Red Bud for taking out Kevin Windom, not being black.

Bubba brings it on his own.

Read www.motonews.com

baker250r
07-21-2005, 01:45 PM
He is black? I guess i didnt know that....... dont pay much attention to the bike racers... lol

Rob Dob
07-21-2005, 01:46 PM
I find it hard to believe they boo'd because he is black. I know there are a lot of prejudice people out there, but I don't see that being the reason. I may be wrong, but maybe they just don't like his style of riding:confused:

Hondadudeehhhh
07-21-2005, 01:49 PM
I realize why he gets boo'd and stuff but it seems like he gets more crap than everyone else. But it was getting annoying hearing all these ignorant hicks make racist comments every time he passed someone. I don't mind him, he seemed cool when we talked to him.

07-21-2005, 01:56 PM
I realize why he gets boo'd and stuff but it seems like he gets more crap than everyone else. But it was getting annoying hearing all these ignorant hicks make racist comments every time he passed someone. I don't mind him, he seemed cool when we talked to him. hes so cocky and really playing up his being black like he never did before. he started having mini race's that only black kids could ride in, stuff like that. the dancing, comments, just his overall attitude he has as of late almost lost him his fox contract,too:rolleyes:

Tommy 17
07-21-2005, 02:27 PM
i hate both of them!

carmichael lost my respect when he 1st switched over to 250s but i wont' get into it...

AtvMxRider
07-21-2005, 02:59 PM
Man that sucks! is this something current? i didnt hear anything about it.

It happened sunday at Unadilla NY. RC still finished 2nd in the moto and won the 2nd moto for the overall. Stewert was done for the day after the crash.

AtvMxRider
07-21-2005, 03:02 PM

I have never heard of him getting any crap for being black. He is getting boo'd becuase of his mouth.

tater_kamik
07-21-2005, 10:28 PM
ideo i saw was a little while back, i cannot imagine how much that would have to hurt!!

popo
07-22-2005, 06:02 AM
According to Racer X, Bubba is out for Colo.

xNOILABOYx
07-22-2005, 08:09 AM
at highpoint ricky was the only as$h0le being cocky,the guy would walk past u in the pits and act like we werent even talkin to him,no1 was even around but him me and my lil cousin,and he couldnt stop 4 2 sec to give him a graph,keep in mind, almost all of the other racers stayed out for nearly 1 1/2 hours sign things
im starting to like older riders more and the 125s for fan interaction like windham,hepler,millsaps,alessi

AtvMxRider
07-22-2005, 12:52 PM
Originally posted by tater_kamik
ideo i saw was a little while back, i cannot imagine how much that would have to hurt!!

It just happened sunday

AtvMxRider
07-22-2005, 12:53 PM
Originally posted by xNOILABOYx
at highpoint ricky was the only as$h0le being cocky,the guy would walk past u in the pits and act like we werent even talkin to him,no1 was even around but him me and my lil cousin,and he couldnt stop 4 2 sec to give him a graph,keep in mind, almost all of the other racers stayed out for nearly 1 1/2 hours sign things
im starting to like older riders more and the 125s for fan interaction like windham,hepler,millsaps,alessi

Ricky has certain times he does autographs. Why is he an ******* becuase he didn't give you one??? I guess he is an ******* becuase you didn't stand in line to get it:rolleyes:

trick450r
07-22-2005, 12:58 PM
Originally posted by AtvMxRider
Ricky has certain times he does autographs. Why is he an ******* becuase he didn't give you one??? I guess he is an ******* becuase you didn't stand in line to get it:rolleyes:

not dissin ricky but at the southwick quad national a few years back i saw doug gusts quad sitting out side the porta ****ter so i waited to see who came out and it was doug gust so i asked him for an autograph and he signed a bunch of **** right on his way to the gate....

AtvMxRider
07-22-2005, 01:00 PM
Originally posted by trick450r
not dissin ricky but at the southwick quad national a few years back i saw doug gusts quad sitting out side the porta ****ter so i waited to see who came out and it was doug gust so i asked him for an autograph and he signed a bunch of **** right on his way to the gate....

Like I said Ricky has certain times he signs autographs at every race. He has a job to do so people should respect that, if he doesn't sign anything for you that doesn't make hime an *******.

Hyperwarrior22
07-22-2005, 06:41 PM
bubba is by far the cockiest racer ive ever rider he thinks hes the only good racer out their

look at the guys pink riding gear thats just begging to be looked at

i could care less if he was getting booded or not

bansheeguy77
07-22-2005, 07:19 PM
Like I said Ricky has certain times he signs autographs at every race. He has a job to do so people should respect that, if he doesn't sign anything for you that doesn't make hime an *******.

i agree with you. some people are different than others. before or after the race i would not want to be bothered either. you need to be focused and have a clear mind. after a race if you lose you have every right to not be sociable at the moment. like jerry said theres a time for everything....that wasnt time time.

and as for bubba i hate that mofo....always did always will. he is so cocky and rides like a complete moron...i love seeing him go down all the time...go down as in fall...not get hurt

mills_racing
07-22-2005, 07:33 PM
yeah but bubba can be cocky coz he rlly is fast...

07-22-2005, 07:38 PM
Originally posted by mills_racing
yeah but bubba can be cocky coz he rlly is fast... well seeing how well his done at the nationals so far he really has a reason to be cocky:rolleyes: its not going as he planned when he was taking all the **** in SX about this season

mills_racing
07-22-2005, 07:41 PM
yeah but the kid does have speed. although he dont have no luck with injuries.

07-22-2005, 07:45 PM
well untill u can finish motos, id keep my mouth shut. hes fast, but he rides so out of control. watch kevin windham. the smoothest rider probably ever. hes got speed, has passed stewart multiple times, and does it all while in controll. obviously the "balls to the wall" riding style james has inst really paying off in the big leagues.

86350x
07-22-2005, 11:59 PM
Originally posted by aLLoY MX 428
hes so cocky and really playing up his being black like he never did before. he started having mini race's that only black kids could ride in, stuff like that. the dancing, comments, just his overall attitude he has as of late almost lost him his fox contract,too:rolleyes:

That pretty much sums it up. Bubba was great as an up and comming mini rider. But his attitude went right down the toilet after his first sx season.

Atkins
07-23-2005, 12:38 AM
Originally posted by mills_racing
yeah but the kid does have speed. although he dont have no luck with injuries. Theres no such thing as luck. You go down because you ride stupid or your unfocused.

AtvMxRider
07-28-2005, 04:15 PM
You can talk all the chit about bubba that you want but he will be great it is just taking alittle longer than predicted.

lilwitting
07-28-2005, 06:51 PM
thats what happens when u go to a rm instead of a cr or crf

JR3
07-28-2005, 06:51 PM
You can talk all the chit about bubba that you want but he will be great it is just taking alittle longer than predicted.

Exactly. I personally like his riding style its all or nothing.

AtvMxRider
07-28-2005, 06:52 PM
Originally posted by lilwitting

STFU dumbass. That was the stupidest comment I have ever heard. How old are you 12?:rolleyes:

07-28-2005, 06:56 PM

K-Dub
07-29-2005, 03:43 AM
No disrepect to anyone but me and my friends really dreaded Bubba's arrivial in the pros since we seen him as a kid in terra firma. Ive been watching and reading about MX for over 25 years and have never seen any racism in the sport. Now when Bubba got hurt earlier in the SX series I was reading another message board, the guys on there was going on and on how the great black hope was out. To me this is BS and we dont need it or want it in MX. The only colors I worry about in MX is that Honda red beats Kawi green Yami blue and Suzuki yellow. Now I hope they can enjoy MX/SX as much as me but if they cant leave there racism BS out I dont want them around.

07-29-2005, 05:50 AM
If you guys honestly think color does not play a role in why so many people dislike him then you are beyond help. Bubba was ALWAYS discriminated against because of him bieng black, I've seen it and read the comments that were bieng made. The guy is aggressive and can sometimes be outta control but most great racers are. Ricky is as aggresive if not more. I remember watching a race when he still raced for Honda and he was ahead of the competition by a half lap, every turn and jump he would pose and point at people just acting like a d*ck. The guy is fast and probably the best but he doesn't catch any crap, don't say you dont like bubba because of his antics, thats just denial. Look at the Metal Mallecia (sp?) freestyle group, they are awesome. But they are cocky and if Bubba said half the stuff those guys say he'd be crucified.

Every time a pic is posted on this or any other site of a black man on a quad the rednecks come out of the woodwork and share there racist comments. It gets stupid and old.

07-29-2005, 06:18 AM

LOL glad someone said it

07-29-2005, 06:21 AM
Originally posted by sinister450
If you guys honestly think color does not play a role in why so many people dislike him then you are beyond help. Bubba was ALWAYS discriminated against because of him bieng black, I've seen it and read the comments that were bieng made. The guy is aggressive and can sometimes be outta control but most great racers are. Ricky is as aggresive if not more. I remember watching a race when he still raced for Honda and he was ahead of the competition by a half lap, every turn and jump he would pose and point at people just acting like a d*ck. The guy is fast and probably the best but he doesn't catch any crap, don't say you dont like bubba because of his antics, thats just denial. Look at the Metal Mallecia (sp?) freestyle group, they are awesome. But they are cocky and if Bubba said half the stuff those guys say he'd be crucified.

Every time a pic is posted on this or any other site of a black man on a quad the rednecks come out of the woodwork and share there racist comments. It gets stupid and old.

Thank you....

On top of that, getting all the flack from the NiggaHaters must make you cocky and a dont give a **** attitude as well.

AtvMxRider
07-29-2005, 12:49 PM
LOL glad someone said it

And you are just as ignorant as he is:rolleyes:

J_bob_28
07-29-2005, 03:04 PM
i dont really blame him for sittin colorado out..he hit the ground really damn hard..

heres a vid i found of it
http://www.zippyvideos.com/192363812706995.html :eek:

komatsu kid
07-29-2005, 04:40 PM
bubbas doctor said he cant race this weekend
www.amamotocross.com

FasstMidnightZ
07-29-2005, 05:06 PM
i personally dont like bubba, and no its not because of color. I just dont like him that well

gojk
07-29-2005, 10:06 PM
Have any of you really met or talked to either of these riders? If any of you have ever met or talked to Bubba you would know that he is a very personable guy. He will make time for anybody and everybody. He may come off cocky sometimes but hey, was Ali not cocky? Sometimes that cockyness is what is needed to win. As soon as Stewart gets that 250 under control there will be some great races between the two. I am sure that RC was mad about the incident, but I bet Bubba didn't hesitate to apologize.

07-29-2005, 10:14 PM
ive met and talked to both. bubba doesnt sign autographs whenever and stuff like u stated. he doesnt make time for everybody. Ricky has gotten alot better about his cockyness ect. He has really made a complete 180 in the personality and became a true champion, not a litle cocky son of a *****.

Atkins
07-29-2005, 10:15 PM
Originally posted by aLLoY MX 428
ive met and talked to both. bubba doesnt sign autographs whenever and stuff like u stated. he doesnt make time for everybody. Ricky has gotten alot better about his cockyness ect. He has really made a complete 180 in the personality and became a true champion, not a litle cocky son of a *****. I wonder if thats on his own accord, or because his sponsors told him to.

07-29-2005, 10:18 PM
Originally posted by Atkins
I wonder if thats on his own accord, or because his sponsors told him to. ethier way, he changed, as bubba needs to.

gojk
07-29-2005, 10:31 PM
Another thing. Bubba is only 20 or so. How would all of you act if you had millions thrown your way for doing something you love. I know that is no excuse for some of his antics but look at some of the professionals in other sports. Bubba is a really nice guy and deserves respect as does Carmichael. I can't say that I have ever seen Bubba treat anyone bad or even turn anyone down for an autograph. I personally have never met Carmichael, but I have heard some stories on how cocky he acts, but you don't see me posting anything bad about him. He is a kick@$$ rider and deserves to be a little cocky and until I meet him personally and see how he is with my own 2 eyes, and not some media persons that is always trying to stir !@#$ up, I won't ever state whether I like him or not as a person.

Also, for all of you that don't think he is discriminated against, just read some of the posts under that video link that was posted.