PDA

View Full Version : Best Mx quad for a Budget?

Mxracer53
07-20-2005, 07:18 PM
Well im on a budget and im starting out fresh with a new quad(new to me anyways) this year for next years race season. Wich quad is the cheapest to mod out to make a a high caliber racer?

07-20-2005, 07:22 PM
Originally posted by Mxracer53
Well im on a budget and im starting out fresh with a new quad(new to me anyways) this year for next years race season. Wich quad is the cheapest to mod out to make a a high caliber racer?

if you compair the 2005 450r to the 2006 yfz, the yfz will be better, it makes more power then the 450r with minor mods, it takes more mods to get the 450r to that level, but in the end the 450r will be faster and more reliable, its a compromise, do you want a bike that will be fast on a small amount of money but u will have to stay on the upkeep or a bike you need to invest a little more to make fast, but it will stay that way

roostin_dale
07-20-2005, 10:07 PM
if your on a small budget...a C-dale moto....I mean, strong motor! and LT suspension, beadlocks, holeshots, Tag bars, SS lines, all stock! and you can pick one up for $4,500-$6,500

But why you ditchin the quad you have now? good luck with whatever you do though...

Mxracer53
07-20-2005, 10:19 PM
I might not get rid of mine. i thought it over and im probly just gunna put
Elka Triple rate Dual ajust
J-h racing Revalve and respring w/gt thunder rear link
j-h steering dampner
Hinson quick change cover and basket
powdercoating and chroming
some stuff the the radiator
yellow laker custom plastic
quadtech hood
kand k graghics and seat cover