PDA

View Full Version : Elkas track system

YFZ450Ridr
07-20-2005, 05:09 PM
i was browsing around looking for posible new shocks for me and i came across these new shocks elka has coming out called the track system. i wonder how they will perform over other shocks on the market. these things look wicked with the extra rezzie on them:p

http://www.elkasuspension.com/tracksystem.html

FasstMidnightZ
07-20-2005, 06:04 PM
ya i saw those a while back ago, if you got the money to dish out. Buy em' ! :cool:

EvilJester400EX
07-20-2005, 06:09 PM
I bet they're a PITA to dial in.

tater_kamik
07-20-2005, 11:59 PM
elka knows theyre stuff, probably pretty good

CTmxyfz
07-21-2005, 10:07 AM
too many damn dials, knobs and crap to fool with. i recently had quad rate compression fronts and regular compression and rebound rear. I then bought triple rate front elites and dual rate elite rear for my yfz. I could not get the damn thing riding smoothly. Too many adjustments on the things. Eric from elka helped me at a local NEATV race. They worked pretty good. Now that i traded my yfz for a hybrid crf, this bike has comrpession axis fronts and compression/rebound rear. They are valved for 50 pounds over me weight. 200lb. not 150.. and they perform better than the elites i had. I say just stay with something simple. I do believe that the added rebound at the bottom of any front shocks will take away from the travel. There would be a shorter shock shaft. Get some regular compression only, or some axis.:cool:

The standard travel axis on my 416ex all around also performed better than my 19" long rear and 17 3/4" fronts on my yfz.

Get axis

Kilabanshee
07-21-2005, 10:23 AM
Axis tripple rate dual ajust shocks are the way to go! Most of my friends who ride on elka shocks have a tough time getting their shocks dialed in. With my axis I got them riding really nice in about a half hour. The preload ajustments are the only thing which are hard on axis. I got my Randy to show me how to do it and from there they ride perfect.