PDA

View Full Version : HELP QUICK!!! Brake Problem

FoxRacing81
07-20-2005, 04:19 PM
Alright, just got my 426 all back together, only thing left to do is bleed the brakes.

The front ones bleed fine, but they won't catch the rotor to stop the wheel. The pads are worn, but there is definatly enough left for them to work. They worked before I took it all apart, only thing differnet is that I'm using the master cylinder off of my Warrior (long story), but they are bleeding fine, so I just don't understand it.

The rears will not bleed at all.....I have no clue.

Please help me here guys...I wanna ride this thing tonight if I can!!!

-Justin

brian250racer
07-20-2005, 05:34 PM
Fronts: Make sure the pads are moving smoothly on the 2 retainer pins. Also the caliper has sealed pins that it slides on as well. I have had some stick up there....

rear: Keep trying.. I have seen some people use a large medical syringe to "inject" brake fluid thru the bleeder port into the master cylinder, seems to work fairly well.

400exrider707
07-20-2005, 10:27 PM
Try unscrewing the bleeder completely off of the caliper, then pouring brake fluid directly into it. I had the same problem on mine w/ the fronts when I put the stainless lines in. The fluid in the master cylinder would NOT go in until I put some right into the calipers! Wierd but it worked!? Try that.