PDA

View Full Version : HELP! Brake Problem!

FoxRacing81
07-20-2005, 03:51 PM
Alright, just got my 426 all back together, only thing left to do is bleed the brakes.

The front ones bleed fine, but they won't catch the rotor to stop the wheel. The pads are worn, but there is definatly enough left for them to work. They worked before I took it all apart, only thing differnet is that I'm using the master cylinder off of my Warrior (long story), but they are bleeding fine, so I just don't understand it.

The rears will not bleed at all.....I have no clue.

Please help me here guys...I wanna ride this thing tonight if I can!!!

-Justin

300exrider99
07-21-2005, 01:22 AM
It could be that the master cylinder off of the warrior wont push enough volume to completely engage the brakes, now this is just a guess but it's possible. My advice would be to get a correct master cylinder, remember that brakes are an important part of stopping, and stopping is an important part of not crashing, ;) so i dont think i would wanna take the chance of swapping around a bunch of diffrent parts to piece together a braking system.

FoxRacing81
07-21-2005, 09:02 AM
Well it's weird...the front's work now...:confused: :confused: :confused:

We took the lever off and we're using a rachet extension to push in the plunger thing to make sure we we're getting enough fluid out of the master cylinder..well it felt like it got very stiff, so we tried to put the lever back on, and it felt very easy still...so we kept fooling around with the rachet extension until it got verrry stiff, so I held it in, and my dad was still able to move my tire very easily.....so I wanted to test ride it...I just went slow and let the motor stop itself a couple times....everything was going good...

just for the heck of it, I tried to push the plunger in and move the front wheels...hmm...they didn't move...

I put the lever back on,:confused:,They work!:D

Now I guess I just have to bleed the rears...

Thx tho man.