PDA

View Full Version : Its never right. waitin longer now

enduro400rider
07-20-2005, 01:53 PM
well as some of you might know im having my motor build to a 416. i get releast from the doctors and i m aloud to ride again. well the shop that is building my motor told me when i first went there for an estimate that is would cost about $180 (i already had the parts) i said that would be good and he said it would take 7 to 10 days. well i droped the motor off 2 weeks ago. i had to drop off some more parts for the carb they had to rejet i went in and he said oh yeah its goin to be a little more than we thought it should be about $230. ok i can deal with that. i call them today to see if its done because its been 2 weeks they said at the most 10 days. they say " yeah we havent even started on it yet we probably wont start on it untill friday at the soonest. now im pissed cuz i havent riden in 3 months and i go on vacation next week. so its going to be at least another week and a half be for i ride. they never give me an accurate estimate on time or cost. and i have spent over 2K in that store in the last year. youd think they would do somthing for a good customer. :rolleyes:

DH400EX
07-20-2005, 02:02 PM
that sucks. id say find somewhere else to spend ur money if they r goin to be like that.:macho

enduro400rider
07-20-2005, 02:06 PM
i know i should but its the only honda shop around. i dont have much of a choice but mail order places i get most of my parts from mail order because they charge way to much for parts i just have them do the work and pay labor. i didnt have a wrist pin for the piston when i first talked to the guy at the shop he said they could order one for me $65 for just a wrist pin:eek2: i went and bought one online for $16

duke416ex
07-20-2005, 02:29 PM
Me and my bro got a business account at the local honda shop, we've spent close to 3k in the last two months, just paid them $750 to put in an hrc kit in a 450, already taken it back once and it is fixing to go back again. For some reason they can't get it right. I understand how you feel about it, it just makes you sick!!

07-20-2005, 02:31 PM
cry me a river:rolleyes:

j/k, that sucks dude. it was the same story with myn

07-20-2005, 03:58 PM
$750 to put in a hrc kit? YOU GOT OWNED!

250xridamatt
07-20-2005, 06:35 PM
Thats what I was thinking ^. Next time try to find a friend that knows engines or something like that. I have a friend that always takes his bike in for oil change and service and its rediculous. I told him I would change his oil and clean his bike for 10 bucks if he gave me oil and a filter.

enduro400rider
07-20-2005, 07:35 PM
yeah i do most of the work myself, just not internal motor work. i basically just rebuilt my bike from the ground up. i just stay outta the motor. it got my dad all pissed so hes goin to the shop to talk to the owner. he just thinks it rediculas that we go in that shop and drop over 2k, and they can get our motor done on time, they cant even get it done 4 days late :rolleyes:

07-20-2005, 07:43 PM
don't piss the engine guys off or they will do a sh1tty job

AtvMxRider
07-20-2005, 07:46 PM
Originally posted by enduro400rider
yeah i do most of the work myself, just not internal motor work. i basically just rebuilt my bike from the ground up. i just stay outta the motor. it got my dad all pissed so hes goin to the shop to talk to the owner. he just thinks it rediculas that we go in that shop and drop over 2k, and they can get our motor done on time, they cant even get it done 4 days late :rolleyes:

You are not thier only customer:ermm:

enduro400rider
07-20-2005, 07:47 PM
haha yeah hes not goin to say anything untill its done and its never goin back, ill have to look around for a local machanic that rebuilds small motors on the side. if they cant show respect to good customers then im done with them.

enduro400rider
07-20-2005, 07:50 PM
Originally posted by AtvMxRider
You are not thier only customer:ermm:

true but when they tell you its going to be done at a certain time, and you call 3 or 4 days after it SHOULD be done and they tell you they havent even started on it and dont plan to for a few more days it tends to piss you off expecially when we are known customers

AtvMxRider
07-20-2005, 07:50 PM
true but when they tell you its going to be done at a certain time, and you call 3 or 4 days after it SHOULD be done and they tell you they havent even started on it and dont plan to for a few more days it tends to piss you off expecially when we are known customers

I understand how you feel but things happen you know.

enduro400rider
07-20-2005, 07:55 PM
Originally posted by AtvMxRider
I understand how you feel but things happen you know.

yeah i can understand that but we have only had ONE service done that was done on time. only ONE out of the 10 times we have had bikes in there. our suzuki was once in the shop for 2 months, yes im not lieing 2 months. i could understand it happening maby a couple of time but its gettin rediculas.

07-20-2005, 11:48 PM
yeah i can understand that but we have only had ONE service done that was done on time. only ONE out of the 10 times we have had bikes in there. our suzuki was once in the shop for 2 months, yes im not lieing 2 months. i could understand it happening maby a couple of time but its gettin rediculas. whose fault is this? obviously they know they can sling you around and you'll take it. be a man and kick some teeth in

tater_kamik
07-20-2005, 11:51 PM
i would do the work myself personally, look at it this way, since you couldnt ride, you may as well fix it, save a few bucks and get ome more parts!!:D

MR.BIG
07-21-2005, 07:45 AM
Originally posted by duke416ex
Me and my bro got a business account at the local honda shop, we've spent close to 3k in the last two months, just paid them $750 to put in an hrc kit in a 450, already taken it back once and it is fixing to go back again. For some reason they can't get it right. I understand how you feel about it, it just makes you sick!!

Holy crap $750 to put the hrc kit in. That's with the price the hrc kit, right. I was charged $150 to have mine put in. It only takes about an 1.5 to do what is there labor rate $200 an hour!

enduro400rider
07-21-2005, 10:54 AM
Originally posted by tater_kamik
i would do the work myself personally, look at it this way, since you couldnt ride, you may as well fix it, save a few bucks and get ome more parts!!:D

i would but i just dont feel comfortable doing motor work. since i couldnt ride i basically rebuilt my whole bike, i tore the frame down and painted it all black replaced some bearing polished stuff up. i do what work i can but i just dont do motor work cuz im afraid that ill mess sumthing up. other than motor work i pretty much can do everything else. i guess maby i should get a manual and study it for a few weeks, and see if ill feel better about goin into the motor.