PDA

View Full Version : Why is Hacking not being cracked down on?!!

440ex2001
07-20-2005, 01:40 PM
I read the posted today that this site was hacked and it really ticked me off. I don't understand why our government does'nt consider this a huge criminal offense. It cost this free site 1000 bucks just becasue someone was trying to be a prick. It should be considered grand theft. I just dont understand why these pale face little geeks are hunted down and thrown in jail. What do they get out of sitting behind a computer and creating viruses to ruin innocent people computers? That really ticks me off but the one that sends me over the edge is that our government basically lets it happen. It should be just as severe a crime as breaking and entering,larceny,and terrorism. Thats right terrorsim. I'm sick of buying a 1000 dollar computer and having it crash even after I spend another 50 bucks on an anti-virus and getting on line to see this happening to a website that has helped me and thousands of other people just really makes me sick. I think we as an online community should get in contact with as many people as we can and as a large group of people contact our local officials about the passing a law that severly punishes this litte SOBS just like you would any other pathetic criminal. Hard time with a cellmate name nasty nate will change thier ways and spread the word to the hacker community that they are actually being hunted down and sent to jail. Lets get a movement going to protect the things we care about. The online protection and anti-virus crap is not good enough. We need to go after these little punks in the real world. Is anyone with me? Or am I just over reacting? Thanks for reading this far.

300ex_ryda
07-20-2005, 01:47 PM
A little over reacting but i hear ya man.this people should be stopped!! and like its not funny man i had to get my computer all redone and it cost me hunderds of dollars to get it fixxed and just of some little geeked up little fart wont ruin it again! you should contact ur local police and see what they have to say. They mabe real dicks and not do anything about it but atleast give'er a try! best of luck man!

Nausty
07-20-2005, 01:55 PM
I think there scum and that its really self centered to destroy somones **** that they they probably don't even know. Overall though we all pry have better lives than the lil geeks and doin damage like that pry just makes them feel better after being picked on all though out there life.

my guess is why they arn't hunted down really, it is to hard to track many of the people sending virus's and making new ones, Plus many of them are out of the country.

How I look at it is the internet is open like that and there is no way to manage something as huge as that without limiting the freedom of the internet. At least for now.

Punk'd
07-20-2005, 02:44 PM
It was prob someone who got banned.. Does this site IP ban? or just username ban?

huffdaddy_400EX
07-20-2005, 03:19 PM
Originally posted by Punk'd
It was prob someone who got banned.. Does this site IP ban? or just username ban?

hackers or crackers use IP spoofing where they can pretend to come from any IP address they like. Banning by IP will not stop them.

Hon300ex
07-20-2005, 03:24 PM
yea my computer was shipper to me brand new with a virus in it or the first few minutes we had it running it got one..... we did get a new one for free tho:devil:

enduro400rider
07-20-2005, 07:44 PM
hackers are retarded queers that have nothing better to do but pretent they are cool and ruin things and brag to all of there computer geek freinds. the only good hackers are the ones who supply me and my friends with ways to by pass bess at school. for those of u who dont know what bess is its this stupid dog thing on school computers that stops you from entering most web sites on school computers

TRX_450
07-20-2005, 07:53 PM
Originally posted by Punk'd

jus username...we seem to keep banning nacs racing 199 and he keeps comin back.....

Fender Bender
07-20-2005, 08:55 PM
They can IP ban, though. I dont know why you guys have such bad luck with viruses and what not, my 400 dollar machine has been running strong now for more than a year. If you use an UP TO DATE firewall and anti-virus, and anti-spyware scanners, you should be fine. Keeping the site safe from crackers is a whole different ballgame, though.

Atkins
07-20-2005, 09:47 PM
I completely agree with you on this one. Just because they are doing it from the comforts of their own home doesnt change the fact that they are costing people thousands of dollars or more paying for what they did. Its basically stealing, only they dont see a dime...completely black-hearted, and should definitely be considered grand theft.

Unfortunately it seems like hackers are always a few steps ahead of the government when it comes to tracking them down because it takes a hacker to find a way into a server for the government to even know that hole was their. On the bright side though, im guessing anyone that would hack this site(its not a high target site to be hacked), it more than likely wassome dumbass that doesnt know how to cover his tracks and if someone that is knowledgable in hunting these people down attempted to find them, i doubt it would be too difficult. I really dont know much about it, but im assuming this.

Quad18star
07-20-2005, 10:28 PM
A teenager that lived about 15 minutes away from me hacked into some of the NASA computer systems a few year ago . He got fined a heavy amount but didn't do any jail time . He would have done time in jail , but NASA wanted him to go to their main facility and show them exactly how he got into their files , so that they can secure it better . Last I heard , this guy got a job with NASA and is doing tech stuff for their computer systems .

He gets fined ... does a trade off so that their is no jail time ... and now he's probably making 6 digits a year . Not too bad if you ask me !!! lol

tater_kamik
07-20-2005, 11:41 PM
im gonna have to say hacking is pretty stupid. guess i just dont understand why anyone would spend time hacking atv riders?!?

j_cyrus3
07-21-2005, 02:37 AM
last month a couple of hackers were caught from a few release groups.. most hackers that get caught will not be put in jail..they will be offered jobs by the government to show them this stuff