PDA

View Full Version : WNYOA Race 6/2 CANCELLED

CBRSLIDER
06-01-2002, 12:42 PM
Just thought that I would pass it along that tomorrows harescrambles race in Strykersville, NY is cancelled. I saw it on their website. TOO WET. Thank God I checked the site. I would have been there tomorrow, ready to race.

Ray

MEL
06-02-2002, 09:15 AM
are you going to be able to make it on july 7th. i heard the track is open and fast with 3 or 4 good water crossings and some up and downhills. sounds like fun. to bad we got so much rain this week, i was looking forward to racing this weekend. are you going to next weeks race at scooters?

CBRSLIDER
06-02-2002, 10:44 AM
MEL,

I should be able to make it on the 7th. I'm on a long weekend for the 4th. I noticed that they changed the message on the site to read "A new date for the event will be determined in the near future. " I hope they still have it on the 7th.

I don't think that I'll be able to make it next week. I am working 11-7 and I tried racing after an 11-7 last year and it was very hard on my body. It took me three days to recover from the race. I might give a race in Butler, PA a whirl. It is on sunday and it starts at about 3pm. Which would let me get some sleep before the race.

I was ready to race. I was looking forward to the race like you wouldn't believe. I wanted to see how all the mods I have done since last year would workout. Oh well. This atleast gives me about 2 weeks to get in a little better shape. I should be at the race on the 16th, unless I get real brave and try the gncc in Taylorstown, PA. But I just don't think that I am ready for a national yet. Honestly, like I'll ever be. haha.

I'll catch up with you guys at one of the races here soon. If I could just get my Sgt. to give me more weekends off. Maybe more towards fall when everyone isn't asking for days off.

Later,
Ray