PDA

View Full Version : Cant get it to rev

xtrememxrider
07-20-2005, 11:30 AM
First off its a motorcycle a 1983 kz750 to be exact. I cleaned out the carbs on this, and everything was clogged, so i did everything top to bottom. I put them back together everything went together fine. bike started right up with the choke on. you turn the choke off it died. i re adjusted the throtle cable and got it to idle with the choke off but it stays around 4000 rpms. I cant get it to drop rpms and when you give it any throtle it wants to die.

I know that this is a atv forum but i know that you people reaklly know your stuff thats why i came here. I lost my job last week and my dad said if i fixed his bike hed pay me for it. So please if you could give me a hand Id appriciate it very much. thanks.

07-20-2005, 11:58 AM
i would try to clean the carb out again, what does your airfilter look like, put a new spark plug in there and try to get it running again, if the new plug doesnt work tell us what it looks like after you take it out

duke416ex
07-20-2005, 11:58 AM
Are the slides opening in the carbs?

xtrememxrider
07-20-2005, 04:37 PM
I was kinda thinking it was the slides to. how do you check something like that. its pretty much impossible to see in the carbs when its running. I do remember that they went exactly smooth. they had little bumps on them. Ill try the new plugs to to see how there burning.

thanks

White_Knuckles
07-20-2005, 09:38 PM
Check the pilot jets, all of them. Guessing the bike was stored with fuel left in the carbs. The pilot (slow circuit) jets have several holes and a small one through center. Can you blow through them?

Don't run wire through the bore to clean. Solvent only or buy new ones.

Classic problem to open the choke for instant death due to no idle circuit. Old fuel turns to hard bonding cement.