PDA

View Full Version : HELMETS -Where to get a good deal

johnsls
07-20-2005, 09:11 AM
Could someone supply a online store (name) and other than just ebay. Looking for a open face helmet, Need a size large

I found a bunch of stores on Ebay but just wasn't sure who to go with. Currently looking at a HJC helmet (CL-X4 LOGIC) retails for $139.99, on sale for $89.99 plus $10.00 shipping.

Please advise your comments.

tks
John

HiZ
07-20-2005, 11:04 AM
I'm not sure on stores, but I have the:
M2R Revelation X2 Blackfoot Replica in an XL

Here is a link with specifics

http://www.m2rhelmets.com/2004/OffRoad/ReveX2.htm

let me know theomnij@hotmail.com

Brand New in the Box $125 shipped fedex Express Overnight!

johnsls
07-20-2005, 11:13 AM
HiZ, I think I need a Large, plus my quad it Yellow,,I doesn't matter all that much.
Do you only have 1 ?

If so I'll keep you in mind.

tks

AtvMxRider
07-20-2005, 01:29 PM
Bobscycle.com

johnsls
07-21-2005, 07:12 AM
Hows this for a price and how good is this helmet

M2R REVELATION X
$69.99 + 6.99 shipping. It says its Snell & DOT approved.

Are these good helmets?

phishboy66
07-21-2005, 09:10 AM
if you are really looking for cheap, walmart has bell open face motocross helmets for 45 bucks. dot and snell approved

HiZ
07-21-2005, 11:07 AM
All that I have is the one that is XL
That is why I have it because I needed a L
The helmet is awesome.
Very light and durable finish, plush interior as well.
you wouldn't be disappointed.

MX_Chic06
07-21-2005, 01:16 PM
I bought mine new for 27.00 on ebay, its not the best made in the world but there really nice. Heres a pic though:
http://http://i9.ebayimg.com/01/i/04/5c/b9/e3_1_b.JPG

johnsls
07-21-2005, 01:31 PM
Walmart just doesn't seem to cut it for me, but tks

I'm not just looking for cheap!
I was told months ago b4 I bought my quad that if your riding trails you should have a DOT & Snell approved helmet.

A company just got back to me about this and said the only time you really need Snell approved equipment would be if a race or organization required it.
:huh
Is this true.

I also found AFX helmets are nice, Made in USA and reasonably priced.

tks John

mcfly
07-21-2005, 10:21 PM
a wise old man once told me, "if you have a $50 head, buy a $50 helmet." spend the lil extra and get a bell (im still using my mcgrath replica moto 6) or similar snell and dot approved helmet. protective head gear is a poor place to save money.

johnsls
07-22-2005, 06:13 AM
Its not that I'm trying to get a cheap helmet, I'm trying to find a online store that has great deals on helmets.

If everyone is selling at $150 then I'm looking to find a website thats selling for much less.

I totally agree this is not the place to be cheap! ! !

:D :D

cdrookie
07-22-2005, 05:32 PM
you make no sense...

if you want an open face helmet why not get it at walmart? $45 is a decent price for a snell and dot approved BELL helmet. Bell is a leader in helmets you know???!!! looks like you're just someone who wants attention. people give you sugestions then you tell them "no thanks". you can spend the next few weeks price shopping on the internet for helmets or... you can buy one!

johnsls
07-25-2005, 06:35 AM
cdrookie, biteme!

Attention is not something I need nor looking for. maybe thats why you posted your reply. I like to keep active on the site and wasn't sure if one helmet was better than the other.

I'm sure if you paid $300 it might be nicer but if you also spent $50 would you have just as much protection, and would it last as long? I noticed thoughout my searching that some helmets have different guarantees.

Also a deal is what I was looking for!! Maybe I replied too quickly and didn't review my wordage in some of my replies.

But this did start out as wanted to find a site that had good deals on helmets. Everyone has there pesonal opinion, mine is that I would not feel as comfortable if I bought as Walmart as opposed to an actual helmet store.

I've actually found and bought a helmet, so thanks to everyone else for your replies. As far as your concerned, "you have no idea who I am what I know or don't and if I know anything about equipment." So before you judge....... JUST SHUT THE HELL UP AND MOVE ON!! Noone asked you your opinion.